Ford says they're working on a fix for all engines - Page 30
Close
Login to Your Account
Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford says they're working on a fix for all engines

This is a discussion on Ford says they're working on a fix for all engines within the News forums, part of the Site News category; I hope the fix is as easy as a Mustang EB HG was applied to the early production FoRS. But I have my doubts given ...

Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast
Like Tree490Likes

Thread: Ford says they're working on a fix for all engines

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    7736 times
    Mentioned
    678 Post(s)

Ford says they're working on a fix for all engines

I hope the fix is as easy as a Mustang EB HG was applied to the early production FoRS. But I have my doubts given reports of warpage/uneven decks on blocks. Just hoping for a solution that allows us all to enjoy our cars without worry of calling for a tow truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    KingZee likes this.
    2013 #2008,#349 of 2286 in PB ST2, Mountune CBE, CAI, DP, re-circ valve, and Strut Tower Brace, FRPP shifter, K&N filter, Steeda rear sway/strut tower bars, 3M clear bra, WeatherTechs w/ST badges, Zunsport grill kit, Tail of the Dragon decal, Hoonigan crash bar!
    2015 Tuxedo Black FiST (Daughter)
    2016 Stealth Grey RS2, Dewey: Order placed: 30OCT2015, Built: 3MAY2016, Delivered: 31AUG2016! HG repair 31JAN18, surgery complete 9MAR18 and back home.

RS Noob
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Regulated View Post
    Wonder where they got the story leads and patent trail information

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Looking forward to a fun 2018 motorsports season.
    Hi Regulated,

I am the author of the story and have been collecting and analyzing information on this issue for a few weeks. I specialize in stories involving technical service information and patents. It all came together earlier this week when I discovered the bore cooling patent and compared it to how the Mustang block is configured. I have done many similar stories in the past and have recently analyzed early build issue in a similar manner for the Civic Type R and the Alfa Romeo Giulia. You can usually catch my most recent patent discoveries on Tuesdays and Thursdays since that is when they are published to the USPTO website. In this case it worked out that the service information coincided with a patent and explained what might be happening. Thanks for reading and let me know if you have any questions.
    KingZee, Paolo, RocketRS and 5 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    948 times
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by btlegacy View Post
    Hi Regulated,

I am the author of the story and have been collecting and analyzing information on this issue for a few weeks. I specialize in stories involving technical service information and patents. It all came together earlier this week when I discovered the bore cooling patent and compared it to how the Mustang block is configured. I have done many similar stories in the past and have recently analyzed early build issue in a similar manner for the Civic Type R and the Alfa Romeo Giulia. You can usually catch my most recent patent discoveries on Tuesdays and Thursdays since that is when they are published to the USPTO website. In this case it worked out that the service information coincided with a patent and explained what might be happening. Thanks for reading and let me know if you have any questions.
    I actually think he means you are way behind on this. Regulated was there over a month ago with the analysis and posting the full patent details on line.

Ciao
    RocketRS and Curvin like this.
    If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much space.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusRS.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    948 times
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor911 View Post
    I am not sure what owners think a "fix" would involve. Do you really want Ford to recall all suspected cars and take your engine apart and see what gasket they used? I certainly would not want open heart surgery unless I need it. SO ...I think a fix should be Ford reaching to owners with possible issues and say, your car should it ever suffer a blown head gasket will be warrantied no matter the amount of years or miles on the engine.
    You can check what gasket is used without removing the head.

Ciao
    RocketRS likes this.
    If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much space.

RS Expert
    Member #
    Liked
    1414 times
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by btlegacy View Post
    Hi Regulated,

Hey BT, great to have you here. Thanks for calling attention to the HG issue in your well written and thoughtful article. The reason you are getting a little incoming is that your article is so similar to conclusions that @Regulated posted here some time ago. Including the Patent information. This is evidently a case of “great minds think alike”, but when I first saw the article I thought it had been lifted straight out of this Forum, and Regulated (and others) should have at least been cited for all his work on the subject. Evidently that was not the case, and you independently arrived at a similar conclusion.

I think I speak for most of us here that we are very glad to have a light shone on the problem, and would appreciate any follow up information that comes from your work (dare I call it an expose’). Thanks again.
    Rallye Sport, Snadzy and flGriffin like this.

RS Noob
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No worries. I did get some tips sent to me from this forum but unfortunately the head gasket thread is way too long to parse everything and I always make sure to credit others when appropriate. I am glad to hear that there are others like me. I come form an enthusiast background and try to hold the manufacturers accountable whenever I can and I wanted to wait to finish the story until I had some solid information.

I've received a bunch of additional information since my story went up earlier today that backs up my idea including the fact that the numbers stamped on at least one blown RS head gasket I've been linked to return a head gasket for a Lincoln MKC. I will be following up but it looks like the information in my story will have some additional data to back it up soon.
    RocketRS likes this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    141 times
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Head gasket theory

Why the Ford Focus RS Is Having Head Gasket Issues

Had this already been discussed. Interesting read.
    2016 Stealth Gray Focus RS
    RS2 -- Moon roof

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    96 times
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Can anyone confirm the Mustang engines are also assembled in Valencia, Spain, otherwise I would find it hard to believe there could be a mix up in the gaskets?

Member #
    Liked
    608 times
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by expatevo View Post
    Can anyone confirm the Mustang engines are also assembled in Valencia, Spain, otherwise I would find it hard to believe there could be a mix up in the gaskets?
    I thought that too. They are from the same manufacturer though, so Ford could have been shipped the wrong ones.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    expatevo likes this.
    2002 SVT Focus - Jackson Racing Supercharger ---SOLD---and miss it
    2016 RS - I waited longer than you did! 452 days
    2017 Ford Fusion Sport

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    96 times
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Focus112 View Post
    I thought that too. They are from the same manufacturer though, so Ford could have been shipped the wrong ones.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    It's only a theory from the writer they are from the same gasket manufacturer, so it would be good to have that confirmed as well.

Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors