2020 Ford Focus RS and beyond is officially DEAD! - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Ford Focus RS Forum

2020 Ford Focus RS and beyond is officially DEAD!

This is a discussion on 2020 Ford Focus RS and beyond is officially DEAD! within the News forums, part of the Site News category; Originally Posted by sixman To be fair Ford always said from the beginning the RS engine was at its limit in stock guise. I dont ...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: 2020 Ford Focus RS and beyond is officially DEAD!

RS Master
    Member #
    Liked
    181 times
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sixman View Post
    To be fair Ford always said from the beginning the RS engine was at its limit in stock guise. I dont think it was ever going to be a great platform for power mods.
    It wss all about the handling and twinster system.
    If they detuned it by 50hp stock, then suddenly it becomes an aftermarket hero.
    I would lean the other direction on this and say that Ford could have added forged internals for minimal cost to the buyer. The RS was/is a level 2 performance vehicle alongside the GT 350 & GT350R. It was built as a halo model and sold to performance oriented people who do not tend to leave their cars stock. Ford knew very well that buyers would push the limits.

2014 ST1: Mojave Mile, Miller Motorsports Park, Grass Valley Raceway, PIR Raceway, The Ridge Motorsports Park
    Received 2016 Stealth Gray RS, w/Moonroof on July 7th, 2016
    168.3 MPH @ Mojave 10/09/2016
    E-30 by Tune+, ETS Intercooler & Intake, Mountune Racing Brake Pads & Lowering Springs, Whiteline Sway Bars, Camber Plates/Arms, Scorpion exhaust, 18X9.5 Wheels with Toyo 265x18 R888r Tires, and more....

Member #
    Liked
    561 times
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hyracer View Post
    I would lean the other direction on this and say that Ford could have added forged internals for minimal cost to the buyer. The RS was/is a level 2 performance vehicle alongside the GT 350 & GT350R. It was built as a halo model and sold to performance oriented people who do not tend to leave their cars stock. Ford knew very well that buyers would push the limits.

Why would any manufacture take whats doable (2liter or so at 150hp per liter) now crank it up to stage two and sell as oem. The only courageous manufacturer to do so, Ford and Mercedes. Period. Now take your comment and see how once you take your subi EJ25 and crank to stage 2 not only do you make less power, you now have the same durability issues if you decide to crank to stage 3. No difference here at all. Engines have limits , and no one in their right mind who can actually drive this car correctly fast would need anything more than 350hp. I stand by this statement, prepped s2000 weighs 2400lbs, makes 240hp . Can easily hang with cars 4x the price on track. Zero stage 2, no boost updates etc. power is great, but a lot more goes into going fast. I say lose the weight, get into the 7.5:1 power to weight and have a durable engine as oem designed. Just an FYI.
    Hidden Content maybe stock FW RS1 with Ford Flaps

Hidden Content *Thank you local Ford ASSSHAT dealers for making me drive 900miles back with my car from Logan ,UTAH.lol. Best damn road trip ever thanks again. Yes Fritts Ford, Yes Gosch ,Yes Ken Grody, Yes Perry, yes to all southern Ford California dealers. You are all a frkn joke and I wont ever go back*

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    7734 times
    Mentioned
    677 Post(s)
    Just wanted to mention that the 2.5L (5cyl) powerplant was/is no longer owned by Ford. Once Ford sold off it's part of the Volvo's car, that was bought out by Geely, and Ford kept it's stake in Volvo trucks. I'd be curious to see what can be done with the 2.7L and this platform.
    Last edited by Hoonigan; 04-11-2019 at 10:03 AM.
    2013 #2008,#349 of 2286 in PB ST2, Mountune CBE, CAI, DP, re-circ valve, and Strut Tower Brace, FRPP shifter, K&N filter, Steeda rear sway/strut tower bars, 3M clear bra, WeatherTechs w/ST badges, Zunsport grill kit, Tail of the Dragon decal, Hoonigan crash bar!
    2015 Tuxedo Black FiST (Daughter)
    2016 Stealth Grey RS2, Dewey: Order placed: 30OCT2015, Built: 3MAY2016, Delivered: 31AUG2016! HG repair 31JAN18, surgery complete 9MAR18 and back home.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusRS.org
    Advertisements

RS Master
    Member #
    Liked
    128 times
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Higher quality components would have pushed the RS outside its pricing target. Compromises always need to be made. Again, it was always stated that the engine was near its limits in stock form.
    I see the new M5 has an AWD system similar to the RS. Thats a cost no object car.

Back on topic - so this guy leaving means no more Focus RS???

RS Master
    Member #
    Liked
    185 times
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Looking for the ‘official’ confirmation and not seeing it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2745 times
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriormonx View Post

Not official but more details.

https://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-...-focus-rs.html
    http://fordauthority.com/2019/04/for...s-for-hyundai/
    https://www.thedrive.com/news/27360/...-models-report
    https://www.autoevolution.com/news/f...ai-133693.html
    2016 FOCUS RS
    Forged 19" Cup 2's
    Built 1.9.16

Delivered 8.11.16
    HG Rev C 11.10.18
    Tyrone Johnson on German rivals:
    "Boring.. Understeer"

Our species needs, and deserves, a citizenry with minds wide awake and a basic understanding of how the world works. --Carl Sagan

Hidden Content

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    7734 times
    Mentioned
    677 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriormonx View Post

Check over at LinkedIn. Tyrone's profile lists him as being with Hyundai Motor Europe Technical Center GmbH (HMETC) in Russelsheim, Hesse, Germany.
    2013 #2008,#349 of 2286 in PB ST2, Mountune CBE, CAI, DP, re-circ valve, and Strut Tower Brace, FRPP shifter, K&N filter, Steeda rear sway/strut tower bars, 3M clear bra, WeatherTechs w/ST badges, Zunsport grill kit, Tail of the Dragon decal, Hoonigan crash bar!
    2015 Tuxedo Black FiST (Daughter)
    2016 Stealth Grey RS2, Dewey: Order placed: 30OCT2015, Built: 3MAY2016, Delivered: 31AUG2016! HG repair 31JAN18, surgery complete 9MAR18 and back home.

RS Senior Member
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoonigan View Post
    Check over at LinkedIn. Tyrone's profile lists him as being with Hyundai Motor Europe Technical Center GmbH (HMETC) in Russelsheim, Hesse, Germany.
    I don't think he was questioning Tyrone Johnson going to Hyundai but the official cancellation of the next Focus RS. After all there have been previous Ford RS cars and Tyrone Johnson hasn't been the only one involved in their development.
    Warriormonx likes this.

RS Master
    Member #
    Liked
    185 times
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoonigan View Post
    My reference to ‘official’ wasn’t in relation to whether Tyrone was leaving, it was what confirmation had been provided that this meant that the RS was not to be produced again.

Personally I find this highly unlikely. RS have been developed since the 60’s and Tyrone certainly wouldn’t have been so critical to the lineage that his leaving is the end of the Ford Rally Sport badge.

RS Rookie
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Is this a little bit of a sensationalist headline by Hoonigan? "officially DEAD" means to me an announcement coming from Ford. The RS badge has been around a lot longer than Tyrone, as others have already pointed out. This is just a shift in personnel, nothing more.
    R3d Baron likes this.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors