Raj Nair ousted as president of Ford Motor Company North America - Page 5
Close
Login to Your Account
Ford Focus RS Forum

Raj Nair ousted as president of Ford Motor Company North America

This is a discussion on Raj Nair ousted as president of Ford Motor Company North America within the News forums, part of the Site News category; Originally Posted by djmohab2 Is Ford Performance actually a big money maker though? I keep being told that volume margin is what drives the majority ...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 78
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: Raj Nair ousted as president of Ford Motor Company North America

  1. #41
    Supporting Member cornerexit's Avatar
    Supporting Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    2,356
    Member #
    3649
    Liked
    1847 times
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by djmohab2 View Post
    Is Ford Performance actually a big money maker though? I keep being told that volume margin is what drives the majority of profit these days.
    It's a break even or slight profit division. What halo cars represent is the brand. The Ford GT is their supercar to show what they can do, and compete it against all the other super cars. The Raptor is there for people who can afford, but it actually sells F-150 as their halo truck. The GT350/GT350R sell Mustang GT's. The Focus RS sells Focii. That's how it works. They take a smaller profit on the Ford Performance cars then use the FP cars for marketing to sell all their vehicles.
    Don't worry, scrote. There are plenty of 'tards out there living really kick-ass lives. My first wife was 'tarded. She's a pilot now.

  2. #42
    Super Moderator Hoonigan's Avatar
    Supporting Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Fayetteville, NC
    Posts
    15,121
    Member #
    31
    Liked
    7736 times
    Mentioned
    678 Post(s)
    Ford picks Kumar Galhotra to replace Raj Nair as North America chief

    http://www.autonews.com/article/2018...02%2F180229938
    2013 #2008,#349 of 2286 in PB ST2, Mountune CBE, CAI, DP, re-circ valve, and Strut Tower Brace, FRPP shifter, K&N filter, Steeda rear sway/strut tower bars, 3M clear bra, WeatherTechs w/ST badges, Zunsport grill kit, Tail of the Dragon decal, Hoonigan crash bar!
    2015 Tuxedo Black FiST (Daughter)
    2016 Stealth Grey RS2, Dewey: Order placed: 30OCT2015, Built: 3MAY2016, Delivered: 31AUG2016! HG repair 31JAN18, surgery complete 9MAR18 and back home.

  3. #43
    RS Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    315
    Member #
    43257
    Liked
    126 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cornerexit View Post
    It's a break even or slight profit division. What halo cars represent is the brand. The Ford GT is their supercar to show what they can do, and compete it against all the other super cars. The Raptor is there for people who can afford, but it actually sells F-150 as their halo truck. The GT350/GT350R sell Mustang GT's. The Focus RS sells Focii. That's how it works. They take a smaller profit on the Ford Performance cars then use the FP cars for marketing to sell all their vehicles.
    I would understand that mindset except for the fact that you hardly ever see any advertisements for these performance variants. Suzy Q. Soccermom isn't going to buy a Focus SE because I blew the doors off of her Corolla in an RS going to work, and she's not watching racing to understand what a GT350R is. At least in my opinion, it seems more like the halo vehicles would make it more likely for their owners to put their S/Os, kids, etc. in the typical-usage models and that's where the benefit comes from.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusRS.org
    Advertisements
     

  5. #44
    RS Pro Ankah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    NOVA
    Posts
    1,706
    Member #
    381
    Liked
    727 times
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    i know its a guess rendering, but I kind of like that better then the Ranger Raptor

    although i would still like to see the early rendering somebody did up



    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor911 View Post
    And here's one I saw last night which may eventually become the Bronco styled by FP:

    Ranger Raptor SUV >> https://blog.caranddriver.com/potent...bronco-raptor/

    Last edited by Ankah; 02-22-2018 at 09:40 AM.
    2017 Frost White - RS2 - Built 11/15/2016

    Moonroof - Forged Wheels /w PSS - Mountune V2X Exhaust - CP-E Intake (White) - Revo SSC - NBStyling Hood Lift
    Mountune Sport Springs - Mountune Re-Circ Valve - Mountune Breather Plate - Rally Armor Mud Flaps (Blue)
    Steeda Jack Rails - Perrin Shorty Antenna - Breedt Quick Shift Arm - Tran and Cable Bushings by Aracheon
    Whiteline F/R Sway Bar - Anarchy-Motive Snowball Shift Knob - ADF Customs Skid Plate (White) - Dual Radium Catch Cans



  6. #45
    Supporting Member cornerexit's Avatar
    Supporting Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    2,356
    Member #
    3649
    Liked
    1847 times
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by djmohab2 View Post
    I would understand that mindset except for the fact that you hardly ever see any advertisements for these performance variants. Suzy Q. Soccermom isn't going to buy a Focus SE because I blew the doors off of her Corolla in an RS going to work, and she's not watching racing to understand what a GT350R is. At least in my opinion, it seems more like the halo vehicles would make it more likely for their owners to put their S/Os, kids, etc. in the typical-usage models and that's where the benefit comes from.
    Well that's true as well that the performance buyers, say in our case with this car, wants to go to same service center so puts wifey in an Edge for example. That is common. But my original point is buyers of say a Mustang GT know what the 350 is. They buy the GT version because they can't afford the 350, but it adds to the allure of buying the lesser model. Truck, F150 folks, most of them know what the Raptor is and it's the same thing. I can't afford that so they get a F150 and aspire to own the Raptor one day.
    Don't worry, scrote. There are plenty of 'tards out there living really kick-ass lives. My first wife was 'tarded. She's a pilot now.

  7. #46
    RS Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    315
    Member #
    43257
    Liked
    126 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cornerexit View Post
    Well that's true as well that the performance buyers, say in our case with this car, wants to go to same service center so puts wifey in an Edge for example. That is common. But my original point is buyers of say a Mustang GT know what the 350 is. They buy the GT version because they can't afford the 350, but it adds to the allure of buying the lesser model. Truck, F150 folks, most of them know what the Raptor is and it's the same thing. I can't afford that so they get a F150 and aspire to own the Raptor one day.
    Okay, I see that now. Thanks!

  8. #47
    Supporting Member cornerexit's Avatar
    Supporting Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    2,356
    Member #
    3649
    Liked
    1847 times
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Raj just took delivery of his Ford GT last month I think. And it was last year IIRC he got a bonus payout of $5 million.
    Don't worry, scrote. There are plenty of 'tards out there living really kick-ass lives. My first wife was 'tarded. She's a pilot now.

  9. #48
    Biz
    Biz is offline
    RS Master Biz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Canada, eh?
    Posts
    456
    Member #
    5041
    Liked
    215 times
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cornerexit View Post
    Raj just took delivery of his Ford GT last month I think. And it was last year IIRC he got a bonus payout of $5 million.
    HAHA I was just gonna post wonder if he gets to keep his GT

  10. #49
    RS Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    315
    Member #
    43257
    Liked
    126 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biz View Post
    HAHA I was just gonna post wonder if he gets to keep his GT
    I mean, if they sued John Cena....

  11. #50
    RS Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    SE WI, USA
    Posts
    148
    Member #
    3490
    Liked
    87 times
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cornerexit View Post
    Raj just took delivery of his Ford GT last month I think. And it was last year IIRC he got a bonus payout of $5 million.
    I think that $5M did not vest until 2020.
    djmohab2 likes this.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Ford CEO Mark Fields expected to be ousted later today
    By Hoonigan in forum Off-Topic Section
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-25-2017, 05:33 PM
  2. VIN Tracker For North America
    By RSno0b in forum Focus RS Discussions
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 05-02-2016, 08:12 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-27-2015, 10:21 AM
  4. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-11-2015, 01:06 PM