Tire troubles
Close
Login to Your Account
Ford Focus RS Forum

Tire troubles

This is a discussion on Tire troubles within the Focus RS Wheels and Tires forums, part of the Focus RS Garage category; So I only have 1100 miles on my car and just got a air bubble on the front drivers tire. I'm planning on replacing it ...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 43
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Tire troubles

  1. #1
    RS Specialist Paul932RS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Culver City
    Posts
    1,001
    Member #
    13826
    Liked
    344 times
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

    Tire troubles

    So I only have 1100 miles on my car and just got a air bubble on the front drivers tire. I'm planning on replacing it asap but don't know if it's okay to just replace one, it's preferred cause I'm on a budget. Help me out folks thanks in advance.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    RS Master rrPower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    474
    Member #
    3128
    Liked
    389 times
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul932RS View Post
    So I only have 1100 miles on my car and just got a air bubble on the front drivers tire. I'm planning on replacing it asap but don't know if it's okay to just replace one, it's preferred cause I'm on a budget. Help me out folks thanks in advance.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Absolutely fine to replace just one. The owners supplement says the RS can tolerate any combination of worn/unworn tires that are all of the same make/model/size. Especially with 1100 miles where you barely have any wear you should be just fine.
    RocketRS likes this.
    Traded in my FW RS2 with Forged Wheels in August Hidden Content

  3. #3
    RS Specialist Paul932RS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Culver City
    Posts
    1,001
    Member #
    13826
    Liked
    344 times
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rrPower View Post
    Absolutely fine to replace just one. The owners supplement says the RS can tolerate any combination of worn/unworn tires that are all of the same make/model/size. Especially with 1100 miles where you barely have any wear you should be just fine.
    Thanks my man I really appreciate that! Any idea where I can get the tire I need? It's too late to call tire places around here so I might just call tomorrow super early


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusRS.org
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    RS Master SpyderDrvr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    San Antonio TX
    Posts
    353
    Member #
    19041
    Liked
    187 times
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul932RS View Post
    So I only have 1100 miles on my car and just got a air bubble on the front drivers tire. I'm planning on replacing it asap but don't know if it's okay to just replace one, it's preferred cause I'm on a budget. Help me out folks thanks in advance.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Is it a tire defect or overuse/impact? I would see if Michelin will replace or prorate it before I just shell out for a new one. The tire is warrantied. Where is the bubble? Pic would be nice.
    crepr12 likes this.
    2017 Ford RS RS2 Cup2s Nitrous Blue HG Recall Complete
    2016 Porsche Boxster Spyder Guards Red
    2007 MV Agusta F4 1000 R red/silver
    1975 Kawasaki H1-500 "triple" x2 candy brown/candy blue

    TARHEEL Born and Bred

  6. #5
    RS Specialist Paul932RS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Culver City
    Posts
    1,001
    Member #
    13826
    Liked
    344 times
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpyderDrvr View Post
    Is it a tire defect or overuse/impact? I would see if Michelin will replace or prorate it before I just shell out for a new one. The tire is warrantied. Where is the bubble? Pic would be nice.
    It was from hitting a pothole, I live in LA which sucks for these tires cause they're all over the place. I'll post a pic tomorrow the neighborhood I live in is ghetto so I park it a few blocks away lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #6
    RS Specialist Paul932RS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Culver City
    Posts
    1,001
    Member #
    13826
    Liked
    344 times
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Also does anyone know how much the tires cost?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #7
    RS Master rrPower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    474
    Member #
    3128
    Liked
    389 times
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    ^^he has a good point, see if you can get it covered under warranty.

    If you have to pay, I like tirerack.com for best prices (usually) , but they probably won't be the cheapest if you have to pay for overnight shipping. You can try discount tire or tire barn, they might have what you need in stock. Some dealers also price match, in which case you could take the tirerack.com price (or any other, but tire rack is usually among the best pricewise) into the dealer and get them to match it.

    This is new ground for me, I've always had a spare before so I'm not sure the best way to handle an emergency tire need, but those are my best suggestions.
    Traded in my FW RS2 with Forged Wheels in August Hidden Content

  9. #8
    RS Specialist Paul932RS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Culver City
    Posts
    1,001
    Member #
    13826
    Liked
    344 times
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rrPower View Post
    ^^he has a good point, see if you can get it covered under warranty.

    If you have to pay, I like tirerack.com for best prices (usually) , but they probably won't be the cheapest if you have to pay for overnight shipping. You can try discount tire or tire barn, they might have what you need in stock. Some dealers also price match, in which case you could take the tirerack.com price (or any other, but tire rack is usually among the best pricewise) into the dealer and get them to match it.

    This is new ground for me, I've always had a spare before so I'm not sure the best way to handle an emergency tire need, but those are my best suggestions.
    Do you think they'll replace the tire even if I hit a pothole?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #9
    RS Master rrPower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    474
    Member #
    3128
    Liked
    389 times
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul932RS View Post
    Do you think they'll replace the tire even if I hit a pothole?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I didn't see your response about the pothole, but it's worth a shot. Worst they say is no and then you need to buy a new one.
    Traded in my FW RS2 with Forged Wheels in August Hidden Content

  11. #10
    RS Specialist Paul932RS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Culver City
    Posts
    1,001
    Member #
    13826
    Liked
    344 times
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rrPower View Post
    I didn't see your response about the pothole, but it's worth a shot. Worst they say is no and then you need to buy a new one.
    Very true my friend. I'll give them a call first thing in the morning and update you on what they say


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Best Tire for Road Course?
    By hyracer in forum Focus RS Racing
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-29-2016, 02:36 PM
  2. No Tire warning light means good tire pressure?
    By TheCruzKing in forum Focus RS Purchasing
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-01-2016, 12:51 PM
  3. Discount Tire apparently has the tire wrong pressure in their system
    By Xicutioner in forum Focus RS Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-15-2016, 11:32 PM
  4. Gearshift Troubles
    By BoltedRS in forum Focus RS TroubleShooting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-12-2016, 10:35 PM
  5. Tire Highlights?
    By Ironhelix4 in forum Focus RS Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-27-2016, 05:46 PM