This is a discussion on Program TPMS within the Focus RS Wheels and Tires forums, part of the Focus RS Garage category; So I'm not sure what the correct procedure is, but I can tell you when I picked up my car, they swapped on the winter ...
So I'm not sure what the correct procedure is, but I can tell you when I picked up my car, they swapped on the winter wheels right away. After about 50km of driving the TPMS light came on. I took it back to have them pair the sensors, the guy just jumped in the drivers seat, a minute later got out, and they were paired. He did not go around wheel to wheel.
2016 NB RS2 Tune+ 93 oct tune, Forged wheels, Xpel Ultimate full front, Breedt SSK, Anarchy Motive Titan
There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
For what it's worth, when I first tried the reset procedure it didn't work. It is important that BEFORE starting the individual wheel procedure that you inflate ALL tires to the recommended 46 psi. Start the process and the rest should work fine.
Note: I've found that if any tire drops below 37 psi after resetting that it will trigger the TPMS light and you'll need to redo the setup.
Same thing happened. Put 41 psi all around (was at 38/41). Next startup light was off.
I took my winter wheels to a local shop that put them on.
I drove home without issue but the next day the light went on. I checked and found the pressures were all over the place from 30.5 to 35psi. I filled them all up to 41 and the light hasn't come back on.
Next time I'll make sure the guy knows the proper procedure and pressures. Personally I suspect he didn't check the pressures since the tires were already mounted on wheels. No excuse for poor workmanship though.
2016 Stealth Gray Focus RS
RS2 -- Moon roof
I bought the TPMS tool for my 2013 ST, never used it. It's not needed. Try this.
1) Make sure your tires are inflated to the recommended psi. I used 46psi, but lower may work.
2) Turn ignition to the on position. Push the start button without pressing the clutch pedal.
3) Push the hazard light button 6 times. The horn should honk and you should see "Train left front tire" in the LCD display between the tach and speedo.
4) Release air pressure in the front left tire until you hear the horn honk. The LCD display should now read "Train right front tire".
5) Release air pressure in the right front tire until you hear the horn honk.
6) Repeat for the the right rear tire, and then the left rear tire.
7) You should now see "Training Complete" in the LCD display.
8) Set your tires back to your favourite pressure. At least 38 psi.
Previous: 2013 Focus ST, Tuxedo Black (traded in)
Current: 2016 Focus RS, Stealth Gray,
Ordered: October 2015
Build Date: Etis: MAR11, MAR14, MAR30 (B.M.F.)
Loaded: Grand Legacy
Landed: Halifax, MAY2
Is there any particular reason I should even care the Tpms light is on after switching to my winters? Aside from not being told I have low pressure when it happens.... I guess I will just have to notice I have a flat the old fashioned way, with my eyeballs and ear holes. It doesn't cut power or do anything stupid right?