Which Front Splitter Looks Best On the RS? HELP ME PICK!! - Page 9
Close
Login to Your Account
Ford Focus RS Forum

Which Front Splitter Looks Best On the RS? HELP ME PICK!!

This is a discussion on Which Front Splitter Looks Best On the RS? HELP ME PICK!! within the Focus RS Appearance forums, part of the Focus RS Garage category; Originally Posted by Barroux Had the maxton on my st...broke and edge of it while parrallel parking in packed/frozen snow. The flowdesign spoiler is clearly ...

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Which Front Splitter Looks Best On the RS? HELP ME PICK!!

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barroux View Post
    Had the maxton on my st...broke and edge of it while parrallel parking in packed/frozen snow. The flowdesign spoiler is clearly capable of living through a winter and even worse. I’d be worried of tearing out the bumper cover and front undertray before anything happens to the splitter!
    @eglove did you car start heating more than usual with all the radiator/intercooler opening filled?

I had mine frozen bad after a freezing rain/wet snow evening and it was definitely making the car heat up more than usual! Was glad I was not going very far that day!

Not so clear on the picture but the whole grilles were covered with a sheet of ice thicker than shown on the antenna!
    Yea, my TRC and Maxton lips both broke on my ST until I made my own splitter out of aluminum to go underneath to protect them.

Yea it warmed up a little quicker, but there was still some airflow going through above the crash bar, I didn't have my accessport plugged in so I couldn't see temps

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Downforce Solutions worked for me. If you've never had a splitter...the drive thru, may become a walk thru. There quality is good, all hardware incl., quick delivery. The edge trim that will scrape, and it will, is really tough!! I had a body shop install mine,($200), but I'm 71. Not a difficult DIY. This one installs so the struts mount under the grill cross member so no holes are evident. This was a big deal to me because I was worried it might be "to much" Now a car without a splitter looks incomplete. Any unconvince is worth it.

Member #
    Liked
    653 times
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I've been waiting for rally innovations to finish some other ones but it seems like it may never happen. The ones with the struts are a little too over the top for me and the three piece ones from rally innovations just dont look right. ugh.
    2016 Nitrous Blue RS2 with moonroof and winter wheel
    Mountune,Radium,Boomba,Whiteline,CnC,Anarchy Motive,Scorpion,CP-e

4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusRS.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    62 times
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    I've been waiting for rally innovations to finish some other ones but it seems like it may never happen. The ones with the struts are a little too over the top for me and the three piece ones from rally innovations just dont look right. ugh.
    I was also waiting for those ….. since their R4S came out. Then Flow designs released their preorder, and I was done waiting.
    Soundwave likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    653 times
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    While doing some more searching recently I did stumble across the flow design products. I guess I didnt' look close enough because they seem to be what I'm kind of looking for though priced a little more than I'd like to spend. Also most pictures seem to be with the extensions etc so it's hard for me to see what each piece may look like.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    While doing some more searching recently I did stumble across the flow design products. I guess I didnt' look close enough because they seem to be what I'm kind of looking for though priced a little more than I'd like to spend. Also most pictures seem to be with the extensions etc so it's hard for me to see what each piece may look like.
    I posted pics of it without extensions etc in this thread earlier

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    148 times
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Same here posted pictures without the side fins and with the extensions tucked all the way in.

The extensions act as a scrape barrier to the main piece too which is nice. And they are really though too.

Member #
    Liked
    653 times
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    So the extensions can be adjusted? They seemed so big in some of the photos, like way more than I want. Will the fins work with the base splitter and no extensions?

Member #
    Liked
    62 times
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    So the extensions can be adjusted? They seemed so big in some of the photos, like way more than I want. Will the fins work with the base splitter and no extensions?
    Yes, you can get the fins without the extensions. I have my extensions all the way out with the fins all the way in on front. They do help as more scrape protection, as they hit when I pull into my driveway but not out for some reason.

https://www.focusrs.org/forum/9-focu...ml#post2221862
    Last edited by ilDiavel; 05-29-2019 at 06:16 PM.
    Soundwave likes this.

RS Noob
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Im all about the vega modified set ups. Ive got the v2 front but the v3 they just came out with is mean looking. Can buy interchangable fins of different size and comes with backing plate you can paint or wrap to put behind logo
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors