Mishimoto charge pipes?
Close
Login to Your Account
Ford Focus RS Forum

Mishimoto charge pipes?

This is a discussion on Mishimoto charge pipes? within the Focus RS Performance forums, part of the Focus RS Garage category; Anyone have advice on these concerning their fitment on an ETS intercooler? I tried installing the ETS pipes today and they are so difficult (specifically ...

Thread: Mishimoto charge pipes?

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mishimoto charge pipes?

Anyone have advice on these concerning their fitment on an ETS intercooler? I tried installing the ETS pipes today and they are so difficult (specifically the cold side, smashed up against the A/C coolant compressor line). Looks like the Mishimoto is full silicone cold side which would make fitment and install much easier. The ETS will work, just extremely tight tolerances.
    Stealth Gray, RS1, Purple Drank Tune, Borla catted DP, Borla ATAK cat-back, ETS Black anodized intercooler, Cobb CAI, RockBlockz flaps, Boomba Racing RMM, Boomba Racing shift knob

RS Master
    Member #
    Liked
    94 times
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    with some IC its better to buy charge pipes associated with that company cause some hoses are different sizes which will cause some diffuculties in assembling compared to different company hoses. i had cpe pipes with mishimoto and hoses were tough to fit. just bought mishimoto pipes and settled with that

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, that's what I was trying to do, having the ETS intercooler. I figured that the fitment would be spot on, however in this case it was no bueno. The hot side is perfect, however that hardpipe cold side is actually "too hard", lol. There is just not room and I cannot see how it would work without rubbing the A/C line? Sucks spending 2 hours (after taking thousands of the stupid plastic tabs off) to have something not fit right.
    Stealth Gray, RS1, Purple Drank Tune, Borla catted DP, Borla ATAK cat-back, ETS Black anodized intercooler, Cobb CAI, RockBlockz flaps, Boomba Racing RMM, Boomba Racing shift knob

4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusRS.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    70 times
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Stock Intercooler
    Hot-side Mishimoto Piping/Tubing
    Cold-side Mishimoto Tubing

Have you tried a little grease?
    I had to put a thin coat of bearing grease on the OE ports [bottom-side turbo, inlet & outlet intercooler] and on the clamps themselves [including bolt threads]. On the hot-side, I couldn't use two of the Mishimoto clamps.
    Ended up using two Mountune radiator-style clamps.

This help make the process so much easier due to the very limited space underneath.
    It was annoying not being able to adjust the clamps on the silicone sections or to maneuver into position without any grease & simple flat-tip screwdriver.

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ................................

The cold-side tubing had to be forced between the "tray" and A/C compressor. Very stiff assembly with little flexing. It seem like I was scraping off silicone but only scuffed the surface. Plus the intercooler outlet sensor at the top limited the position of my clamp.
    The Mishimoto tubing is still pretty close to the A/C compressor but does slightly touch the pressure-line tubing that passes below the throttle-body area.

I have to remove the nuts that hold the hot-side hard-tubing [in place] so I can give a slight push on the hard-tubing to completely remove the drain bolt every oil change.

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..................................

I didn't remove the bumper at all, only the front plastic tray assembly and the passenger-side brake ducting only. My fiberboard tray has been sitting in the basement after the first oil change...

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey thanks for the tips! Yeah, I didn't remove the bumper either, but I'm going to when the Mishimoto piece gets in just to have a bit more room to get my fingers in there and a little more perspective of what's going on. You're right, it's a tight fit all around. Will definitely use the grease idea and maybe (ever so slightly) bend the A/C line. So now I'm going to have a mishmash of ETS hot side/Mishimoto cold side, but as long as they work under pressure/vacuum is the key. At least with the Mishimoto cold side I'll be removing 2 more points of leakage due to it all being one piece.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors