Keyless entry for passenger side door and hatch stopped working after wrap
Close
Login to Your Account
Ford Focus RS Forum

Keyless entry for passenger side door and hatch stopped working after wrap

This is a discussion on Keyless entry for passenger side door and hatch stopped working after wrap within the Focus RS TroubleShooting forums, part of the Focus RS Garage category; Sup guys! Was looking for help as to where I should start looking to make my keyless entry work again for my passenger side door ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Keyless entry for passenger side door and hatch stopped working after wrap

  1. #1
    RS Specialist Paul932RS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Culver City
    Posts
    1,001
    Member #
    13826
    Liked
    344 times
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

    Keyless entry for passenger side door and hatch stopped working after wrap

    Sup guys! Was looking for help as to where I should start looking to make my keyless entry work again for my passenger side door and hatch. Recently got my vehicle wrapped and when I tried using them on those two parts of the car they wouldn’t work, but my drivers side still does. Would appreciate any help and knowledge on where to start


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    RS Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    58
    Member #
    45418
    Liked
    20 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    See if it works with your key right next to the lock - ie, if the key fob is in your pocket, position yourself just a few inches from the lock.

    That's what I've had to do with Ford keyless entry on a couple of cars.

    Unless the key fob battery is new or almost new, I have found very limited range with the keyless entry.....


    Possibly the extra layer of material is blocking the signal, making an already weak signal worse.

  3. #3
    RS Specialist Paul932RS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Culver City
    Posts
    1,001
    Member #
    13826
    Liked
    344 times
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fiST2RS View Post
    See if it works with your key right next to the lock - ie, if the key fob is in your pocket, position yourself just a few inches from the lock.

    That's what I've had to do with Ford keyless entry on a couple of cars.

    Unless the key fob battery is new or almost new, I have found very limited range with the keyless entry.....


    Possibly the extra layer of material is blocking the signal, making an already weak signal worse.
    No I just think the guy who wrapped my car is an idiot and didn’t put stuff back where it was supposed to go unfortunately lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusRS.org
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    RS Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    126
    Member #
    42065
    Liked
    38 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul932RS View Post
    No I just think the guy who wrapped my car is an idiot and didn’t put stuff back where it was supposed to go unfortunately lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They might have forgotten to connect the wiring harness back in all the way, is my assumption. It's fairly easy actually you could probably check yourself:


  6. #5
    Supporting Member ControlNode's Avatar
    Supporting Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Eastern NC, USA
    Posts
    3,203
    Member #
    795
    Liked
    1147 times
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    The rear IA sensor has it's harness on the rear bumper, if they removed that bumper, make sure the bumper harness was plugged back into the IA sensor near the middle and into the chassis harness behind the right wheel.
    2016 NB RS1 Forged w/ Cup 2s and Winter W&T Package

  7. #6
    RS Specialist Paul932RS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Culver City
    Posts
    1,001
    Member #
    13826
    Liked
    344 times
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ControlNode View Post
    The rear IA sensor has it's harness on the rear bumper, if they removed that bumper, make sure the bumper harness was plugged back into the IA sensor near the middle and into the chassis harness behind the right wheel.
    Anyway you can show me pics of that? I noticed the one behind the rear wheel was dangling but it seemed to be plugged in. There’s another wire that seems to be stuck between the crash bar and bumper that I can pull out unless o remove the bumper


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #7
    Supporting Member ControlNode's Avatar
    Supporting Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Eastern NC, USA
    Posts
    3,203
    Member #
    795
    Liked
    1147 times
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul932RS View Post
    Anyway you can show me pics of that? I noticed the one behind the rear wheel was dangling but it seemed to be plugged in. There’s another wire that seems to be stuck between the crash bar and bumper that I can pull out unless o remove the bumper


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'll have time to get pics Friday, likely someone else can get them faster than that.
    2016 NB RS1 Forged w/ Cup 2s and Winter W&T Package

  9. #8
    RS Specialist Paul932RS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Culver City
    Posts
    1,001
    Member #
    13826
    Liked
    344 times
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ControlNode View Post
    I'll have time to get pics Friday, likely someone else can get them faster than that.
    Awesome, if not I guess I’ll have to wait till Friday lol thanks in advance!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #9
    RS Specialist Paul932RS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Culver City
    Posts
    1,001
    Member #
    13826
    Liked
    344 times
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Okay soooo, here is pic one

    Not sure where it’s supposed to go but I’m sure it’s not there.

    Second is this part in the middle of the rear


    When I wiggle it around it doesn’t seem to be locked into anything




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #10
    RS Specialist Paul932RS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Culver City
    Posts
    1,001
    Member #
    13826
    Liked
    344 times
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Anyone else know what’s up lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-05-2018, 01:23 PM
  2. WTB: Passenger Side Door Speaker Grill
    By EmoJim in forum Parts Wanted
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-14-2018, 01:41 AM
  3. Keyless entry crapped out
    By RSRob in forum Focus RS TroubleShooting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-11-2018, 04:06 PM
  4. Small Dent and paint chip on passenger side door - Options?
    By j0shm1lls in forum Focus RS Discussions
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 09-01-2016, 02:36 PM
  5. SecuriCode™ keyless-entry keypad not an option?
    By Cheapo911 in forum Focus RS Electronics
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 08-28-2016, 01:43 PM