fuel cut? - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Ford Focus RS Forum

fuel cut?

This is a discussion on fuel cut? within the Focus RS TroubleShooting forums, part of the Focus RS Garage category; Originally Posted by Molez93 My guess is normal, intrusive intervention by the driving nanny. I thankfully only had to deal with a single autox event ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: fuel cut?

RS Rookie
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Molez93 View Post
    My guess is normal, intrusive intervention by the driving nanny. I thankfully only had to deal with a single autox event where I couldn't change drive modes or defeat traction control & stability control, but the effects of Normal mode intrusion felt rather harsh to me. I don't generally hoon like that on the street, but on the rare occasion I can tell I'm not solely in control around town the intervention is abrupt and jarring there too.
    I hope you're wrong about the "normal behavior" because its realy a harsh sensation. It's interupts is kinda like how the rev limiter on launchcontrol kicks in....
    fun car: Focus RS 2016
    daily driver: Fiesta 2009

RS Rookie
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I will drop the rs at the dealer again next thursday. They will measure the pressure of the fuelpump. I'll keep you guys posted. Thanks for the headsup guys!

RS Rookie
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I recorded a vid while driving. A bit shaky but it was the best i could do. FYI... i have no tpms sensors installed and therefor the warning is always on...

4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusRS.org
    Advertisements

RS Rookie
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hmmn.... i guess the upload of the vid somehow failed. I'll try again later from my laptop

RS Rookie
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Vid upload 2nd try...

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    156 times
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I had this issue a few times on a long big radius 270deg highway ramp I take everyday.

When the path is clear I’ll take it at 110-120km/h and get that fuek cut feeling near the end of the curve.

Happened to be low on fuel each time so always attributed it to low fuel.

Curious what will come out of this thread! As mentionned previously the cut is brutal!!

RS Rookie
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barroux View Post
    I had this issue a few times on a long big radius 270deg highway ramp I take everyday.

When the path is clear I’ll take it at 110-120km/h and get that fuek cut feeling near the end of the curve.

Happened to be low on fuel each time so always attributed it to low fuel.

Curious what will come out of this thread! As mentionned previously the cut is brutal!!
    Looks like you're indeed experiencing the same issue. My ford dealership (located in the Netherlands) has dropped a question regarding this issue in at the dealers-network and still no answer from the experts. Only one identical issue seems to have been reported (within Netherlands) and this one is also still unanswered. I still suspect the fuel pump is not able to get the proper amount of fuel under these circumstances (full throttle while under higher g-forces). This is based on what I've read on the fora regarding several other guys who experienced the same behavior, but with a quarter or less petrol in the tank.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    156 times
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Must have to do with the amount of time under which those forces apply.

Almost ran out of fuel on track and never had the issue on the track though. But turns didnt last near as long!

I guess that would support this theory though!

RS Rookie
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That could possibly be a factor yes. Although, in my situation it sometimes does this during tiny 90 degree turns (2nd gear). But when it does, mostly the fuel is near or around 1/4. I was thinking about buying one of these RADIUM fuel-filters. This could result in a better fuel flow? Maybe just enough to solve the issue. It's worth a try i guess....

RS Rookie
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Result Fuel pressure test

This morning they did a high and low "fuel pressure test" and all seems to be within the normal/acceptable ranges. I thought that they would do a "old fashioned" pressure test with hoses and all, but hey....
    The mechanic told me that it sounds/looks like a software related issue and might needs to be re-written? My dealer will try and put some pressure on it, so that the "ford performance department"
    might give any attention to this. Did you guys also went to the dealership and officially reported this issue? The more complaints... the higher priority it might be getting
    At this point I must admit that it really starts to annoy me quite a lot! It's getting to the stage that i'm thinking about.... selling it!
    I'd really hate to see it go because I really love the handling/power/sound/looks of this car.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors