Any one know how to remove this piece
Close
Login to Your Account
Ford Focus RS Forum

This is a discussion on Any one know how to remove this piece within the Focus RS TroubleShooting forums, part of the Focus RS Garage category; This is the hatch bumper stop at the edge of the lift gate. I'm looking to remove this part w/o snapping any plastic. Not sure ...

Thread: Any one know how to remove this piece

RS Senior Member
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

This is the hatch bumper stop at the edge of the lift gate.

Name:  Screen Shot 2018-04-06 at 10.37.30 AM.png
Views: 178
Size:  4.83 MB

I'm looking to remove this part w/o snapping any plastic.
    Not sure if you just pry it off from it's mounting pint, it seems to be spring loaded or has a small plastic flex leaf inside.

Has anyone removed this?

Thanks in advance

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    647 times
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hackles View Post
    This is the hatch bumper stop at the edge of the lift gate.

I'm looking to remove this part w/o snapping any plastic.
    Not sure if you just pry it off from it's mounting pint, it seems to be spring loaded or has a small plastic flex leaf inside.

Has anyone removed this?

Thanks in advance
    I haven't replaced it but on mine the rubber bumper kept falling off when I'd wipe out the lift gate jamb after washing my RS. Thinking I might loose one someday I ordered spares from my dealer. And it's the whole part, not just the rubber bumper. I don't recall what it looks like on the back but if you don't have an answer by this evening I'll look at one of my new spares when I get home and take a picture of it for you.
    Shadow Black RS2, Forged Wheels, Pilot Super Sports, no Moonroof, OEM Car Cover, Winter Wheel/Tire kit. Xpel Ultimate Full Front & Rockers, Llumar Tint, ProClip Phone Mount, V1 on BlendMount, Steeda Hood Struts and secondary Hood Release Lever, DMB graphics, Green Filter, Bracketeer Fire Bottle Mount, Homelink/Auto Dim Rear view Mirror, YourLittleCNCShop Rear License Plate Bracket, Throttle Pedal Spacer, Shift Cable bushings, Shift Cable mounting & Shifter mounting bushings. Mountune Custom Tune, Upper & Lower Induction kit, Intake Manifold, Recirc Valve, Sound Suppression Chamber, Charge Pipe Kit, Intercooler, Rear Motor Mount, Brake Line Kit, Quick Shift arm, PTU Brace, Sport Springs, Street Pads, Silicone Radiator Hoses, Breather Plate, Dip Stick, Oil Cap, Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler Lip. StopTech Rotors, Radium Catch Cans. Whiteline 22mm Rear Anti-roll Bar. ADF Customs Skid Plate. Ford RS Carbon Fiber Shift Knob. PTP Turbo Blanket. Ford Carbon Fiber Door Pulls and Gauge Pod.

Hidden Content

RS Senior Member
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PiSigma View Post
    I haven't replaced it but on mine the rubber bumper kept falling off when I'd wipe out the lift gate jamb after washing my RS. Thinking I might loose one someday I ordered spares from my dealer. And it's the whole part, not just the rubber bumper. I don't recall what it looks like on the back but if you don't have an answer by this evening I'll look at one of my new spares when I get home and take a picture of it for you.
    Awesome!..
    Thank you, that would be super helpful!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusRS.org
    Advertisements

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    647 times
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hackles View Post
    Awesome!..
    Thank you, that would be super helpful!
    This isn't how I remembered it. It looks like there is a removable cover on it that doesn't come with the base and bumper. The base must be held on with a bolt under the cover. The edges have a ridge, so I think you might have to pry the cover off of that ridge?

The base is actually two pieces itself. The part with the bumper slides in and out of the base, I'm assuming for adjustment. There are a bunch of teeth or ridges between those two parts so I think when you tighten the bolt it locks them together.

Name:  IMG_20180406_202300.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  874.6 KB

Name:  IMG_20180406_202243.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  832.6 KB

Name:  IMG_20180406_202334.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  207.2 KB
    Shadow Black RS2, Forged Wheels, Pilot Super Sports, no Moonroof, OEM Car Cover, Winter Wheel/Tire kit. Xpel Ultimate Full Front & Rockers, Llumar Tint, ProClip Phone Mount, V1 on BlendMount, Steeda Hood Struts and secondary Hood Release Lever, DMB graphics, Green Filter, Bracketeer Fire Bottle Mount, Homelink/Auto Dim Rear view Mirror, YourLittleCNCShop Rear License Plate Bracket, Throttle Pedal Spacer, Shift Cable bushings, Shift Cable mounting & Shifter mounting bushings. Mountune Custom Tune, Upper & Lower Induction kit, Intake Manifold, Recirc Valve, Sound Suppression Chamber, Charge Pipe Kit, Intercooler, Rear Motor Mount, Brake Line Kit, Quick Shift arm, PTU Brace, Sport Springs, Street Pads, Silicone Radiator Hoses, Breather Plate, Dip Stick, Oil Cap, Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler Lip. StopTech Rotors, Radium Catch Cans. Whiteline 22mm Rear Anti-roll Bar. ADF Customs Skid Plate. Ford RS Carbon Fiber Shift Knob. PTP Turbo Blanket. Ford Carbon Fiber Door Pulls and Gauge Pod.

Hidden Content

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors