Ford Focus RS Forum banner

The Story of Dewey, the SG RS2 (A Love Story?)

109K views 673 replies 111 participants last post by  Hoonigan 
#1 · (Edited)
Well, I figured I'd drop a few lines here to tell the story of Dewey: My RS2 that I've been anxiously waiting to arrive from Saarlouis.

It's been a bit of a wait but I know that many others are out there and have been waiting just as long if not longer than me to get info on their build progress.

It all started with a spyshot of a Ingot Silver Mule at the test track in Nürburgring that caught my eye.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Ford

Then I attended Ford Nationals in Carlisle, PA and I was actually able to see and touch the FoRS while it was on display.

That's all it took for me to decide to order a SG with the same specs from my local dealer. (That was October 30th, 2015)

After a early selected for scheduling and initial build date blunder, Dewey was finally built on 3 May 2016, released from the factory and in transit to port on 19 May 2016.

I've been waiting to hear that Dewey was loaded on to a ship and heading to Jacksonville, FL then off to Winston-Salem by rail, and finally by truck to the dealer here in Fayetteville.

It would appear that I missed Zenith Leader and I'm hoping that Phoenix Leader will bring me some joy and Dewey home.

The urge to go all out on mods has been curbed somewhat and I've only picked up the following so far for Dewey:

Gel Badging:

Font Text Electric blue Number Brand

Dewey decal reconstruction/fabrication:

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Automotive exterior
Font Text Calligraphy Label Sticker

A couple of German tags for Dewey:

(1) Dewey's Nürburgring tag:

Text Font Vehicle registration plate

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design

(2) My username tag:

Text Font Vehicle registration plate Logo Brand

What's your story?

See less See more
#52 ·
"Dewey: A Tale Of Unrequited Love"?

Reactions: Hoonigan
#33 ·
Puts on his safari cap and goes on the hunt for Dewey

We'll find him yet!

#34 ·
#35 · (Edited)
Please print and post in your neighborhoods!

Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Car Motor vehicle

#41 ·
Please print and post in your neighborhoods!

View attachment 23393
Just hope Dewey isnt found in a brothel with a bunch of aged Pinto's and Gremlins, be prepared to run a full bank of tests and have some antibacterial on hand when he's found....just in case.

#37 · (Edited)
Reminds me of the CarTalk lawyers - "Dewey, Cheatem and Howe"!

My SG RS2 got built 6/10 and is also waiting for a ship to take her - the Otello skipped out of port without it. As I mentioned a long time ago, I don't really have a name for it but for the price paid I'll be calling it "my apartment" for a while. Hopefully will land an Uber gig to make some speedy cash :)

Jim

PS Forgot to mention that, after planning for a while to paint the calipers and black (or grey) out the RS logos, I too have decided to embrace the blue and got the Cosmos Blue wing inserts from DMB. I think they should look killer on the SG. I can always change the look later if I feel like it.

#40 ·
Damn Waldo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#42 · (Edited)
I'm getting so tired of seeing Dealer Stock cars sitting on lots that were built after Dewey. I'm going off of the VINs of course. What's going on @FordService and where's Dewey?

#43 ·
Another day of checking for a window sticker: Please check back later. The window sticker has not yet been released for this vehicle.

The torture continues.

#45 ·
Somethings gotta be wrong man, have you had any recent communication with your regional rep? If not, its time.

#48 ·
#49 ·
Ok, now, I'm not out to get your hope's up falsely, and this may just be a weird coincidence, but I was reading in the Katmandu Sentinel about this Bigfoot researcher and biologist John Bindernagel claiming that he saw your RS!

No really.

He had been following mysterious footprints in snow near a stream in the western Himalayas, when he discovered a cave. On further investigation into the cave, it seems that he actually stumbled across the legendary abominable snowman, which attacked him on sight.

As he was trying to escape down a small shaft,
Caving Darkness Fun Cave Recreation

he saw this,
Vehicle Car Automotive design Sports car Performance car

and was able to snap only one shot as the Yeti was hot on his tail. He narrowly escaped when the Yeti got stuck in the narrow opening.

Unfortunately, on return the next day with a group of local sherpa guides, the stealth gray RS was gone, and so was the Yeti.

#51 ·
Never in a million years did I figure I'd reference this movie:

Movie Poster Animated cartoon Hero Fiction

#53 ·
"Snow White and the Seven Deweys" - Where's Grumpy when you need 'im?

Jim

#56 ·
@sda3

Watch your tongue Mister!

#57 ·
I feel as though I'm being trolled in Bielany Wrocławskie, Poland.

Look at the plates:

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hatchback Ford
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Ford Hatchback
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Ford Race car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sedan Ford
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Ford Race car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Hatchback
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hatchback Ford
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sport utility vehicle Ford
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Ford Ford motor company
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Ford Hatchback

I have the last laugh. Not only does this Dewey wannabe have the wrong shoes on this FoRS appears to have a leak in photo #1 and #3!

#60 ·
Well, I know this much.....Dewey still isn't here. Hopefully better news next week.

#62 ·
Another week passes and another week without Dewey. Ford why must I be tortured like this?

#63 · (Edited)
Box Carton Font Technology Electronic device

Conversations with FORD service.

#65 ·
Just a little older/longer than waiting for Dewey to be delivered. LOL

#66 ·
Jeez, built for almost three months? That's insane. Did they ship it to Spain to get a new engine or something?

#67 ·
No one at Ford knows!

#71 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.