Ford Focus RS Forum banner

What is everyone using for interior cleaner?

7K views 25 replies 24 participants last post by  Sasquatch 
#1 ·
As some of you may know, my has been gone for nearly 7 weeks getting some body repairs done from my honeymoon. I never got a chance to clean it before I took it to the dealer and when I picked it up yesterday I was reminded of how dusty the inside had become over the course of our 2 week road trip. So my question is this, what do you guys use to clean the interior? I'm talking dash, door panels, and centre console and all the trim.

I've heard that Armor All is greasy.. And leaves a film on anything you clean it with so I'd like to stay away from that.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

#5 ·
No I'm fairly certain it does. This is just the result of cruising through some hot, dusty states with the windows down.

#9 ·
The first thing I would do is I'd take my shop-vac with the round brush attached and vacuum everything first. When my vehicles get dusty that's pretty much all I do. Every so often I'll take my micro fiber cloth with Meguiars Interior Quick Detailer applied directly to that for the finish dusting.

#10 ·
Optimum Opti Clean Cleaner & Protectant - use it on everything!

Tire Automotive wheel system Automotive cleaning Automotive tire Liquid

Optimum Opti™ Clean is a combination of substantive polymers and cleaners that safely removes dirt and grime and leaves a glossy protective finish on all automotive surfaces. Optimum OptiTM Clean is based on the same natural polymers used in Optimum No RinseTM. It is safe for use on all automotive surfaces and it's safe for the consumer and the environment. Optimum Opti™ Clean is packaged in a ready-to-use spray bottle. No water or diluting is needed. Just spray and wipe the desired surface with a clean, plush microfiber towel. The amazing polymers will leave a lasting shine and real protection. Optimum Opti™ Clean can be used anywhere! It dries clear and non-sticky so use it on the dashboard, plastic instrument gauges, and glass! On the exterior, you can depend on Optimum Opti™ Clean to provide real protection to tires and wheels, paint, and metals. The trick with applying Optimum Opti™ Clean is to use different towels for different surfaces to avoid cross-contamination. For example, you wouldn't use a wheel towel on glass. Designating glass towels, interior towels, and exterior towels will help you get the best results on every surface. Optimum Opti™ Clean is perfect for detailers and mechanics. Quickly wipe down an entire vehicle before giving it back to the client. Not only will it look fantastic when it's picked up, it will continue to look great long after the client drives it home. Talk about a great impression! For do-it-yourselfers, Optimum Opti™ Clean allows you to clean and shine your entire vehicle - inside and out - in just a few minutes. You may be picking up friends or a date, headed to a car show or car club event, or just in the mood for detailing.

#13 ·
Optimum Opti Clean Cleaner & Protectant - use it on everything!

View attachment 71473

Optimum Opti™ Clean is a combination of substantive polymers and cleaners that safely removes dirt and grime and leaves a glossy protective finish on all automotive surfaces. Optimum OptiTM Clean is based on the same natural polymers used in Optimum No RinseTM. It is safe for use on all automotive surfaces and it's safe for the consumer and the environment. Optimum Opti™ Clean is packaged in a ready-to-use spray bottle. No water or diluting is needed. Just spray and wipe the desired surface with a clean, plush microfiber towel. The amazing polymers will leave a lasting shine and real protection. Optimum Opti™ Clean can be used anywhere! It dries clear and non-sticky so use it on the dashboard, plastic instrument gauges, and glass! On the exterior, you can depend on Optimum Opti™ Clean to provide real protection to tires and wheels, paint, and metals. The trick with applying Optimum Opti™ Clean is to use different towels for different surfaces to avoid cross-contamination. For example, you wouldn't use a wheel towel on glass. Designating glass towels, interior towels, and exterior towels will help you get the best results on every surface. Optimum Opti™ Clean is perfect for detailers and mechanics. Quickly wipe down an entire vehicle before giving it back to the client. Not only will it look fantastic when it's picked up, it will continue to look great long after the client drives it home. Talk about a great impression! For do-it-yourselfers, Optimum Opti™ Clean allows you to clean and shine your entire vehicle - inside and out - in just a few minutes. You may be picking up friends or a date, headed to a car show or car club event, or just in the mood for detailing.

I couldn't recommend Optimum products enough. I used the Opti-Seal and wax and my FW RS is popping and smooth as a baby's behind. Their clean product is good, but I also use Aerospace 303 protectant and cleaners with amazing results; check out their reviews.

#12 ·
I bought like a gallon of Meguiar's all purpose cleaner concentrate like a year ago and I'm not sure why. It was cheap, but I'll own this stuff until the day I die. My interiors hardly ever get dirty, I have only used like 5 ounces of it, and 4.5 ounces of that was deep cleaning the ST before I sold it.

#14 ·
Armor All is crap and will damage your plastics at a molecular level. That stuff is seriously bad. I use Adam's products mostly, with some other products thrown in like Aerospace 303 (safe alternative to Armor All).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#18 ·
With my other cars I have always used a satin or gloss finish, IMO the RS's dash is terrible for reflection so I have been looking for a detailer with matte or a stock appearance. No such luck yet most have a gloss appearance. Might give chemical guys a try. So far my dusting glove has been great!

#20 ·
Thanks for the input everyone! I think I'll start out with a small bottle of Chemical Guys Interior Clean and see how I like it. I just placed my order.

#21 ·
Chemical Guys interior cleaner for initial wipe down and then Chemical Guys Satin Shine for protection
the satin shine is much flatter than just about anything ive come across that is worth using.

as a caveat, chemical guys is expensive stuff (read slightly overpriced) so I only buy during sales (memorial, labor, black friday, etc) or during amazon lightning deals.

#22 ·
Adam's Polishes interior products works great. Leather and interior cleaner follow up with leather conditioner or interior detailer.

#25 ·
So far all I have done is dust the dash with a microfiber and vacuum everything. Haven't touched my interior with any cleaning product. Most of you guys recommend Adam's, so I may try them out. I have heard good things in the past.

What do you all use to clean your RS2 seats?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.