Ford Focus RS Forum banner

PAC vs. LC6i

4K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  markboris 
#1 ·
How does the PAC interface (AP4-FD21) compare to the LC6i? Seems like you're paying an additional $100 for the same functionality.

#4 ·
I bought the PAC interface (AP4-FD21) because it's plug&play

#10 ·
thanks for the confirmation @markboris. I'm now hearing word that there is a DSP module coming out soon called Maestro AR that will perform all the functionality of the PAC AND eliminate the need for factory Sony amp. No word as to when it will be available tho...
Very cool. Thank you.

#11 ·
Also received this bit of info from my dealer contact: Last August knowledgefest in Dallas at the PAC training the trainer specifically stated the amp could be deleted. So I emailed the engineer yesterday .... This is from the engineer at PAC "Upon initial release the amp will need to be installed. A much later software update will allow you to remove the amp. No ETA as to when that software will be available."

I'm headed to Indianapolis april 9th-11th for Knowledgefest I'll ask the Idata guys for more info on the AR in the Focus specifically and if the amp can be completely deleted with that solution. ETA etc etc.

#12 ·
Yes I understood the same from my dealer that PAC is working on an update to eliminate the Sony amp. The thing is, while I would like to eliminate it too, I don't mind it just sitting there since it has no function in the audio portion of the system so nothing is degraded. It is just there for the digital volume control. I did unplug it just to see what would happen and everything worked as normal except I had no control of the volume. It was like it was stuck midway about 15.

I have also heard about other companies that are coming out with processors similar to the PAC but will eliminate the Sony amp. Here it the thing, sometimes you have to wait, and wait for a product to come out and months go by and I was not interested in waiting. I went with the PAC interface because it is available now and have been using it for a little over two months. I am very happy with it and the sound is awesome so while others might wait and wait for a unit that does more, I am enjoying my stereo right now.

Reactions: jmoth79
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.