Ford Focus RS Forum banner

The All in One Lug nuts for the FoRS thread

203K views 361 replies 153 participants last post by  Soundwave 
#1 ·
For anyone considering the blue Muteki SR48 open ended lugs, here are some installed pics.
Pretty subtle but I like the look.

Tire Alloy wheel Automotive tire Wheel Rim
Alloy wheel Rim Tire Wheel Spoke

See less See more
#6 ·
Lug Nuts

Alloy wheel Tire Rim Wheel Automotive tire

I finally stopped driving long enough to notice that each wheel has a unique lug nut. There is no tool or device in the trunk or glove compartment to address these special lug nuts. I can't find any info in the manual. The dealer is as befogged as I. Does anyone else have these?

#7 ·
That's a security lug nut.... the security socket should be in your glovebox or in the hatch cargo set. If it's missing then the dealer owes you the correct one... each and every car comes with one and has its own unique printed security-code to decipher/order a replacement if needed. Again they should have given you one as part of the accessory standard items.

#8 ·
Yes, these are standard. Dealer should have supplied the key when the car was delivered.

#9 ·
Metal Silver Silver Tableware Titanium

One of the first things removed, they look terrible with the forged wheels.

Reactions: ToucanLife
#12 ·
#18 ·
So I guess I have to, at the very least, buy a set of four factory lug nuts. Poop.

#23 ·
Do these match Exactly with the ones that came on our RS for the Factory, picture looks different. Also the Ford web site says for 2009 RS. I want to take my wheel locks off.

#36 ·
Muteki!

#40 · (Edited)
It's close enough for me! And besides we need to KICK IT UP A NOTCH sometimes. :)

I've been waiting for photos to see how they fit!
And now that you've seen them - thoughts?

How did you get that caliper to look so good?
Washed with chemical guys diablo wheel gel, and followed up with chemical guys citrus wash and gloss. I thought about using jet seal on them afterwards but not sure how it would hold up or if it were a TERRIBLE idea so I opted not to.

#43 ·
Lug nuts choices for the FoRS

What kind of lug nuts does the RS use - thread pattern I mean? I went to try the FRPP nuts from my old Mustang, but nope, they don't fit. Surprisingly, RS lugs are 19mm, I thought they'd be 13/16. Maybe 19mm is standard for the focus.

Btw, when I checked the lock nuts for torque, they were way too loose. All the other nuts were fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.