Ford Focus RS Forum banner

Mountune Leggeras with 265/30 MPSS

19K views 43 replies 17 participants last post by  Slider 
#1 ·
Finally got around to mounting my Mountune Leggeras with 265/30 Pilot Super Sports. Poke isn't too bad and don't think it will rub anywhere for daily driving. Here are a bunch of pics I took for anyone interested.

https://imageshack.com/a/IhJM/1

#8 ·
No they are shorter than stock, I took a couple pics side by side but it is kinda hard to see. Michelin specs show 25.5" for the stockers and 25.3" for these but mounted on the wheels it is about 1/4" difference. I am starting out with 42PSI all around but hoping I can lower them at little, just being careful since I have even less sidewall now.

#13 ·
45 offset as well.

Looks great. I prefer the look of those over the OEM forged. What is the weight differential between those and the forged?
This setup is 1lb lighter per corner that the stock forged wheel/tire.

How does it drive? Did you lose any turn in feel or anything? I know overall grip is better but sometimes I feel wider tires makes cars feel a bit sluggish day to day.

Also wondering if the wider tires makes it feel more stable at high speeds and gets rid of some of the ice skatey squirrliness?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haven't driven a lot but I don't notice any difference in turn in. The car doesn't seem to want to wander down the tracks as much now on the country roads so I would think that should translate to better stability at higher speeds as well.

#22 ·
Working out good. I would say you might rub the strut if you went with a 255/35 and lowered the car very much. I think the reason this setup works is because the tire is just a hair shorter than stock.

These are 19" rims correct?

Still haven't noticed any rubbing?

Anyone thought of just going wider in the rear and stock width up front?
Yes they are 19" and haven't had any rubbing.

#24 ·
I haven't noticed any understeer and think the wider tire helps with some of the wandering I had noticed with the 235s.

I added a few images from a little further back to the original link, I will and try to take some better shots when I have the time.

I don't think they look too big and compliment the looks of the car better than the skinny tires Ford equipped.

#26 ·
Most comprehensive wheel fitment pic ever! Thank you.

#27 ·
I like the look and as long as your happy who gives a rats ass.

Now my two cents,

Is your speedometer off?
Does the wider tire assist in traction on launch?
For the money spent it looks too close to stock forged, would have been nice if they offered different colors.

#28 ·
Well they are much lighter than stock forged and also wider. And for the money? Stock forged is 1400 and you lose your OEM wheels (which seem to sell for around 800-1000) so total 2200-2400. These are 2000 total. I like that they look like the OEM wheels that's a feature not a bug IMO.

I want to know if 275/30/19 will fit without rubbing because that's almost identical to stock diameter :)

#32 ·
That is full lock, I think what looks like rubbing may be from my hand feeling around to check clearance. I didn't notice the end link but will give it a closer look when I rotate my tires in a couple weeks. If I have the time I will also chalk the liners and go for a spin to see if I can get anything to touch.

#40 ·
Fit under there better than I thought they would. Too bad no wide arches tho from the factory.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.