Ford Focus RS Forum banner

Wheel Selection For Group Buy

▀▄▀▄ Vivid Racing | Ray's Gram Light Group Buy Inquiry - Details Inside

11K views 49 replies 16 participants last post by  Dr. Evol 
#1 · (Edited)
Vivid Racing | Ray's Gram Light Group Buy Inquiry - Details Inside

Vivid Racing Presents: Group Buy Gram Light Choices for Focus RS

PM, call, or email for FORUM Exclusive Pricing!

Todd@vividracing.com | +1.480.966.3040 x243 | www.vividracing.com

Hello Focus RS forum!

We are just reaching out to see if anyone is interested in a group buy for Gram Light wheels. We are offering a few different models and sizes. Please comment below with the choice of wheel you made, along with desired color. We have done quite a few of these in the past and they have turned out to be very successful. I want to be able to get the forum members the best possible deal.:rugby:

We would need a total of 5 Sets of wheels (20 Wheels total) to do the group buy.

Please comment or ask if you have any questions!

The Current Gram Light Wheels we are polling over:

57DR 18x8.5 5x108 +38mm

57Xtreme 18x8.5 5x108 +38mm

57Transcend 18x8.5 5x108 +38mm

57Transcend 18x9 5x108 +38mm

Available colors

Ordering:

Phone:
You can reach me directly by calling +1.480.966.3040 x243 to place your order over the phone.

Payment Methods:
- Credit/Debit Cards (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express)
- PayPal
- Affirm – Now you can finance your parts!
- Bank Wire
- Bill Me Later
- AZ Orders will incur 7.8% sales tax
- All international orders (outside of US and Canada) require Bank Wire or PayPal

Shipping:
We have very competitive worldwide shipping rates. Most orders leave via FedEx, however we do use UPS, DHL, and various freight companies. The most efficient shipping method takes precedence. Expedited shipping is available by request.

Hours of Operation: We do not observe Daylight Savings Time in Arizona
March-October: M-F 9am-6pm PST
November-February: M-F 8am-5pm PST
We are closed for business Saturday and Sunday

Contact Information:
Phone: 480.966.3040 x243
Email: Todd@vividracing.com

Please feel free to contact me via PM, Email, or Phone if you have any questions.

See less See more
#6 ·
Cost will not be something I can put in writing on a public forum. Once we get the poll completed, I will negotiate the price with the manufacturer and start a separate Group Buy thread for the most popular wheel style(s) size(s) and color(s). At that time you will be asked to PM me for the pricing.

For reference the 18x8.5 sizes for the 57DR retail at $411 per wheel, 57Xtreme $458 per wheel and 57Transcend $519 per wheel. The 18x9 57Transcend retails at $529 per wheel. Group buy savings will be generous.

Weight on any of these style wheels will not exceed 23lbs with some styles being just under 22 lbs each.

The colors on the chart are the only colors available. Black is going to be glossy like the first photo of the 57DR. Matte black will be a little more dull, no shine. Diamond black has some shiny flake in it which gives it the appearance of a lighter black but still very shiny.

Todd

#7 ·
Hey buddy! At this moment, I am only going to focus on the 18" size for those looking for track or winter wheels because I know they fit. I am meeting with a local RS owner today who may be willing to discuss donating the car to us so we can start developing some parts by way of Agency Power. Once the car gets dropped off I will be taking a look at the wheels and get some measurements and consult with my vendors to get some 19" options up here. Everything is just so new!

#8 ·
Can't go wrong with some 57DR in gunmetal! I love those wheels

Reactions: VividRacing
#9 ·
I would get the 57DR in matte black. That size should be fine for 245's all around, correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#13 ·
I need some 15x8s for my Graffiti Type-R but I doubt you want those included eh? ;)

#19 ·
@Dave-ROR, what are your thoughts on the Semi Gloss Black 57DRs?

So I just checked the Poll and the 18x9.0 5x108 +38mm 57Transcend is running away with it! Waiting on my rep to get back from Vacation to negotiate some pricing so I can make the group buy thread!

Keep voting, keep sharing and spreading the word guys!

Todd
Todd,

PM with pricing and I'll let you know. Any CE28 and volk stickers in stock? I need to replace my mostly missing ones from the set I have on my MR2, they are silver wheels, would have to check sticker color but I'm sure Volk uses one color on all silver CEs..

#16 · (Edited)
▀▄▀▄ Vivid Racing | Ray's Gram Light Group Buy Inquiry - Details Inside

@VividRacing

I'm not even going to look!

My wife is currently threatening to post my current wheels and tires on LetGo since I have quite a few sets already here at the house in the garage.

Yes, I still have my original OEM wheels and F1s from when my FoST rolled off the lot.

Just turned 50K miles and I have 60% tread left on the original F1s.

#17 ·
@VividRacing

I'm not even going to look!

My wife is currently threatening to post my current wheels and tires on LetGo since I have quite a few sets already here at the house in the garage.

Yes, I still have my original OEM wheels and F1s from when my FoST rolled off the lot.

Just turned 50K miles and I have 60% tread left on the original F1s.

Just take a peek lol.

#37 ·
It would be mine and many other's opinion that a Gram Light or Rays wheel is superior to to TSW. Weight savings are more significant on a Volk wheel over a Gram Light wheel (same company) because of the forging process. Volk, Advan and Gram Lights all come out of the same factory and are commonly used on actual race cars. TSW makes wheels for a more broad audience with actual racing wheels being a very small division of their products.

I have sold a couple of TE37s to guys on the ST forum who had them redrilled from a 5x114.3 to a 5x108 but I do not know of any RS with them fitted yet.

As far as 19" fitment with 255 tires, I also don't have an answer to that question.

Todd

#36 ·
So 57 transcend 18x9 its is from what I can see....whats the going color?

#38 ·
The colors will be voted on in the Group Buy thread. I had to wait until today to get a hold of my rep as he was on vacation all last week to start negotiating price. Once I can answer all the questions the group buy thread will go up and we will start voting for colors on the most popular styles and sizes!

#40 ·
Update!!

I met with 4 reps from Rays today at our shop. Mentioned the TE37 Group Buy for the RS. The deal is, we can sell the 18x8.5 sizing with certainty on either the Gram Light Group Buy or TE37. On this Gram Light Poll the 57Transcend 18x9 option was by far the most popular.

I just solidified the appointment for us to get a local owner's RS dropped off here on Sept 12th and we will have it until Oct 5th for as much product development as we can squeeze in. Then he will test the parts and then hopefully bring it back in another couple of weeks for some more product development.

During the first appointment with the car Rays is going to ship over an 18x9 test wheel to us so we can see if there are any fitment issues. Once we can confirm fitment the 18x9 Transcend, the group buy will commence and then we can figure out the 18" and 19" TE37 sizing.

I have the 4 color options for the Gram Lights group buy figured out and the samples have been photographed in the sun here at our shop today. So I will be including that when I build the thread for the group buy. Unfortunately, until I can get the car and the test fit wheel, I won't know much of anything beyond the 18x8.5 +38mm sizing for the Gram Lights group buy.

Stay tuned guys!

#42 ·
**UPDATE** 18x8.5 57DR, 57Transcend and 57Xtreme Group Buy threads are live. Rays Engineers have confirmed fitment as far as brake clearance and offset on the 18x9 57Transcend so that group buy will be going live. Pricing is confirmed. All 4 threads will be updated with wheel weights in the next few hours. Please PM me for pricing and then if you are a go just let me know and I will be making the list on the appropriate thread!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.