Ford Focus RS Forum banner

Lung Transplant Started

39K views 197 replies 67 participants last post by  gte 
#1 ·
Just dropped her off at 2J Racing this morning to get the turbo swap going. Send good thoughts her way! :)

Vehicle Car Bumper Auto part Automotive tire
Auto part
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood

See less See more
#2 ·
:love_heart:

#4 ·
I'm really excited to see how this goes!

Out of curiosity, why are you having someone else install the kit for you?

#12 ·
Lack of tools, lift and time. 2J does great work and also has a dyno onsite so once the kit is installed, the car can be put on the dyno for calibration.

Just less headache in general to have someone else do the work.

#13 ·
It's a 3 inch downpipe. As far as HP goal, whatever it'll safely make. It'd be nice to see 500whp but I guess we'll see how it turns out.

#10 ·
Now the fun really begins.

#15 ·
This is going to be one impressive car. Concern on the drive line as everything else has been covered. 500whp should be a breeze.
How's the turbo help out on the lower revs.

Glad you feel comfortable with the shop. Seems they know this car well as they practically built a whole new car.

The suspense is killing me

#17 ·
Sooooooo subbing in for this one!!!

#19 ·
Will see about getting pictures tomorrow.

#20 ·
Pictures as the installation is progressing. The turbo is mounted.

Auto part Engine Vehicle Automotive engine part
Auto part Engine Vehicle Car Automotive exterior
Auto part Vehicle Car Engine Fuel line
Auto part Vehicle Engine Car Fuel line

#24 · (Edited)
@Raptor911 No. They didn't remove the PTU. The shop is still working the car. I should have it likely have it back Thursday morning. They're waiting on some heat wrap to come in so they can protect some of the lines a bit better.

Shop is very thorough and detail oriented. I'm fine with them taking their time to get it right.

Plan is to tune on Thursday.

#27 ·
Wastegates installed. Should hopefully be complete tomorrow.

Auto part Engine Vehicle Car Fuel line
Vehicle Engine Car Auto part Hood
Auto part Tire Gear Engine Automotive tire

#30 ·
We need numbers, pictures, videos and a ride if I lived anywhere near you @bludrgn...hope I don't get in trouble here at work for constantly checking on this thread lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.