New Nurburgring lap record: the 10 fastest hot hatches - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Ford Focus RS Forum

New Nurburgring lap record: the 10 fastest hot hatches

This is a discussion on New Nurburgring lap record: the 10 fastest hot hatches within the Off-Topic Section forums, part of the Focus RS Forums category; Yeah, your right about that. I am sure when the Honda is released we will see direct head-to-head comparisons on the road and track. Will ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: New Nurburgring lap record: the 10 fastest hot hatches

RS Master
    Member #
    Liked
    128 times
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Yeah, your right about that. I am sure when the Honda is released we will see direct head-to-head comparisons on the road and track. Will be a fairer comparison.

There is still some prestige and lots of noise regarding ring times. Has worked for Honda and definitely put the car on the map.

Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Time from the "Supertest" is not comparable to the manufractor best laps. so check this lap out to see the more compared times with (most time same driver) and the year of testing to get his part to better tires etc.
    Rundenzeiten Nürburgring-Nordschleife - AUTO MOTOR UND SPORT

greeting from Germany 169km from the entrance of the Nurburgring Nordschleife (under 9 )
    Paolo and RocketRS like this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    7702 times
    Mentioned
    676 Post(s)
    2013 #2008,#349 of 2286 in PB ST2, Mountune CBE, CAI, DP, re-circ valve, and Strut Tower Brace, FRPP shifter, K&N filter, Steeda rear sway/strut tower bars, 3M clear bra, WeatherTechs w/ST badges, Zunsport grill kit, Tail of the Dragon decal, Hoonigan crash bar!
    2015 Tuxedo Black FiST (Daughter)
    2016 Stealth Grey RS2, Dewey: Order placed: 30OCT2015, Built: 3MAY2016, Delivered: 31AUG2016! HG repair 31JAN18, surgery complete 9MAR18 and back home.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusRS.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Love the porsche 911 GT3. This car is build for the track.

Gesendet von meinem LG-K220 mit Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    182 times
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wheeldeal View Post
    No doubt safety is important. I'm just saying that the cars that are "stock" on this list are far more track prepped than something like the RS.
    R/T indicates that Honda modified the Type R to offset the weight of adding a roll cage (see quote below). While I understand the need for safety precuations, these times are straying farther from stock that should be allowed to considered "official" IMO. The "track focused tires" are what? Hoosier R6's? The RS has a Cup 2 option so that would be legal in my book. These times are getting more meanlingless every year.

"We should note that, as with previous 'Ring lap records, the Civic Type R that notched this lap was a preproduction unit. Honda claims that the roll cage visible in the car was a "full floating" design that "did not provide any additional rigidity to the body." The added weight of the cage was compensated by removing the car's infotainment system and rear seats, and Honda says the car was using "street legal, track-focused tires.""
    JerseyRS likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1806 times
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I don't mind the addition of safety equipment. But I draw the line at removing items for weight reduction, and using none OEM stock tires.
    -Bill

1989 Pontiac TransAm GTA | Arctic White | Born 11/17/1988 | Supercalafragalisticheadscamalidocious
    2017 Ford Focus RS | Frozen White | RS2 |RS# 4266 | Born 6/4/2017 | Purchased 4/21/2018
    2016 Ford Focus RS | Stealth Grey | RS2 |RS# 4993 | Ordered 10/12/2015 | Born 5/11/2016 | Received 7/9/2016 | Death 4/16/2018 Hidden Content
    Hidden Content | Hidden Content

Member #
    Liked
    71 times
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StealthRS View Post
    R/T indicates that Honda modified the Type R to offset the weight of adding a roll cage (see quote below). While I understand the need for safety precuations, these times are straying farther from stock that should be allowed to considered "official" IMO. The "track focused tires" are what? Hoosier R6's? The RS has a Cup 2 option so that would be legal in my book. These times are getting more meanlingless every year.

"We should note that, as with previous 'Ring lap records, the Civic Type R that notched this lap was a preproduction unit. Honda claims that the roll cage visible in the car was a "full floating" design that "did not provide any additional rigidity to the body." The added weight of the cage was compensated by removing the car's infotainment system and rear seats, and Honda says the car was using "street legal, track-focused tires.""
    If you are looking for a more "real" comparison of lap times between stock cars, I think Car and Driver's Lightening Lap is as unbiased and accurate as you can get, IMO. The Ring times are entertaining but as you point out, pretty pointless. If people bought the RS for bragging rights, they bought the wrong car. I think the car is amazing but it has not been treated well in automotive reviews. It is consistently been described as, too much. I personally bought it because it brings a smile to my face every time I drive it, faults and all. And the limited, I have it and you don't, factor regardless of price suits my personality.
    StealthRS and mofoRS like this.

Member #
    Liked
    182 times
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyRS View Post
    If you are looking for a more "real" comparison of lap times between stock cars, I think Car and Driver's Lightening Lap is as unbiased and accurate as you can get, IMO. The Ring times are entertaining but as you point out, pretty pointless. If people bought the RS for bragging rights, they bought the wrong car. I think the car is amazing but it has not been treated well in automotive reviews. It is consistently been described as, too much. I personally bought it because it brings a smile to my face every time I drive it, faults and all. And the limited, I have it and you don't, factor regardless of price suits my personality.
    Agreed on everything you say here. Well said.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    7702 times
    Mentioned
    676 Post(s)
    UPDATE: we have a new record at the Ring

New Renault Megane RS Trophy-R Breaks Cover And Nordschleife’s FWD Lap Record With A 7:40.10

@Azampatti
    Last edited by Hoonigan; 05-21-2019 at 01:07 PM.
    2013 #2008,#349 of 2286 in PB ST2, Mountune CBE, CAI, DP, re-circ valve, and Strut Tower Brace, FRPP shifter, K&N filter, Steeda rear sway/strut tower bars, 3M clear bra, WeatherTechs w/ST badges, Zunsport grill kit, Tail of the Dragon decal, Hoonigan crash bar!
    2016 Stealth Grey RS2, Dewey: Order placed: 30OCT2015, Built: 3MAY2016, Delivered: 31AUG2016! HG repair 31JAN18, surgery complete 9MAR18 and back home.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    7702 times
    Mentioned
    676 Post(s)
    Name:  new-mcgane-r.s.-trophy-r-fastest-ever-front-wheel-drive-production-car-at-the-narburgring-embarg.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  160.9 KB

Renault Sport reclaims front-wheel-drive Nürburgring record with new Renault Mégane RS Trophy-R

https://www.evo.co.uk/renault/megane...-new-renault-m

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors