Forfeited My Order - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Ford Focus RS Forum

Forfeited My Order

This is a discussion on Forfeited My Order within the Focus RS Purchasing forums, part of the Focus RS Forums category; Originally Posted by crepr12 I don't think "road salt" is a issue for modern cars..jmho... I agree and will add, it's not a issue for ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Forfeited My Order

Member #
    Liked
    1392 times
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by crepr12 View Post
    I don't think "road salt" is a issue for modern cars..jmho...
    I agree and will add, it's not a issue for modern cars that are properly cared for. I think a good undercoating, and wax along with regular car washing go a long way to keep rust at bay.
    lloydrad likes this.
    Life is too short to drive boring cars

RS Member
    Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I grew up in Syracuse...the RS is perfect for those conditions.

Supporting Member ProfessorFate's Avatar
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1177 times
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebyutoo View Post
    Yup that will do. If your car looks decent in 10 years, I'll shake your hand.
    Don't park in a heated garage and 10 years is no problem with modern cars.
    Previous: 2013 Focus ST, Tuxedo Black (traded in)
    Current: 2016 Focus RS, Stealth Gray,
    Ordered: October 2015
    Build Date: Etis: MAR11, MAR14, MAR30 (B.M.F.)
    Loaded: Grand Legacy
    Landed: Halifax, MAY2
    Rail: JUNE1
    Delivered: JUNE9

4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusRS.org
    Advertisements

RS Senior Member
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I live in northern NY as well. I owned 2 STIs over 8 yrs and had no problem with salt damage. Had more problems with paint chip damage from stones, cinders, and sand damage. Blast to drive with right snow tires. Would put protective film on paint finish if keeping long term. Not sure on anti corrosion process on German built focuses. Suburus hold up fairly well.

Member #
    Liked
    1387 times
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    If you're only going to use the RS as a 3 season car I wouldn't hesitate to cancel your order. I don't really understand the point of buying an RS if it's not a year round DD. I just feel like if you're going to own a second car then you don't need the practicality of the RS or the AWD. Might as well buy something RWD. For RS money you can easily find a low mileage, well cared for, C6 GS.
    Frozen Mike likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    43 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony28 View Post
    There is a White RS2 at the local dealer here @ MSRP if you are interested.
    This. I decided I wanted an RS 3 weeks ago. Spent a week emailing and calling dealers. Drove off the lot with 25 miles after my 15 mile test drive at MSRP and have been enjoying it for the past two weeks. I don't understand you guys waiting for your special orders like that is the only way to get one.

Quote Originally Posted by Xicutioner View Post
    If you're only going to use the RS as a 3 season car I wouldn't hesitate to cancel your order. I don't really understand the point of buying an RS if it's not a year round DD. I just feel like if you're going to own a second car then you don't need the practicality of the RS or the AWD. Might as well buy something RWD. For RS money you can easily find a low mileage, well cared for, C6 GS.
    x1000 It's the reason I decided to get an RS. I REALLY wanted a Boss 302 or GT500, but I can't stand something just sitting in the garage unused. The RS made sense because it was fast, fun, practical and a good driver year round.

Go do what your gonna do, but for god sakes if you want an RS go out and find one. Quit dealing with the ordering BS on this car.
    Shadow Black RS2, Forged Hidden Content
    </Former Raptor Owner>

RS Senior Member
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xicutioner View Post

if you want a nice 3 season car go get an S550, you can get a 435hp 6 speed track pack car with heated and cooled seats, brembos, nav etc and get a deal on them. probably cost LESS than the RS Hell if you can find a 16 that you love ford is offering 0% for 72 months right now. I keep tossing around buying one instead of the RS to replace my 13 GT but that doesnt help my winter situation.

Member #
    Liked
    157 times
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebyutoo View Post
    Forfeited my order.

I've thought long and hard about this and it's been a ridiculous process. Ordered on 10/6 and it still sits on the docks with no indication of when it will arrive but typical timelines put deliver at late November, early December and I live in a part of the country where winter begins early and the thought of driving it home and letting it sit in the garage until spring pissss me off.

Because I sold my ST I had to buy something to fill the void and serve winter duty. The Volvo is great, but cost me 3,500 and then another 1000 in repairs taking 4500 out of my pocket that I had saved for a down payment.

I got to thinking, why am I paying MSRP for a MY 2016 wit 2017 being built?

Forfeiting the order will allow me to rebuild my down payment and reduce my monthly payment that would otherwise exceed 500 a month as a result of the Volvo purchase.

I sent an email to the dealer and let them know that if they are willing to sell the car at MSRP I'll list it here.

I've got another dealer that has been consulting with me about ordering RSs and if they are willing to spec one the way I want it and sell it at MSRP, I'll try my luck again.

Man, I feel for you... being literally in the same exact situation as you, I completely understand your decision as I am contemplating the same move. Why take delivery at the very end of 2016 (assuming we get lucky) for a 2016 model when the 2017s are just around the corner (at least in theory).
    On top of it all, dealers already believe they are "giving the car away" at MRSP, so there is a snowball's chance in hell they will actually reduce the price below MSRP to compensate for all the delays, frustrations and utter nonsense this entire process is putting customers through.

Ford corporate needs to offer a rebate to all customers that have be waiting more than 8 months since the in-system order date to receive a $2,000.00 (minimum) rebate - this way we get something back for all this BS and the dealers, who are honest enough to sell at MSRP, will not lose any money.

Best of luck to you, who knows... at this rate, you might get your 2017 before I get my 2016... I wouldn't be surprised at all!!!

Member #
    Liked
    565 times
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    My 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 was 6 years old when I noticed the rockers were rusting and I had already replaced the hood for rust at 5 years under warranty. Yeah they rust quick here.

I got my RS on June 7 and I will stop driving her when the temps get below 45. She'll stay parked in the garage until spring when it warms back up and the salt is washed off the roads from the spring rains. Same thing for my motorcycle.

I didn't get the RS for the winter driving either. I have an 2015 Ford F150 and 2015 Polaris 800 Switchback snowmobile for that.

I got the RS because I wanted an RS. I loved my ST, I just wanted more. I could have had pretty much anything else. But I'm not a Mustang guy and the only other local dealer is a Dodge dealer. And I don't want a RWD or AWD big Mopar. That's not me either. I own a small business where I live. I want people to buy local from me, so I buy local as well.

I know first hand and fully understand @Bluebyutoo reasoning for wanting this car and for not wanting to drive it through our winters.

Good luck with the MY2017 order my friend.
    MY16 SG RS1 PSS with STD Wheels Build #2129
    Ordered 08Dec2015 - Built 04April2016 - Delivered 06June2016
    "It's better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it!"

Member #
    Liked
    43 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EcoBoostin View Post
    I want people to buy local from me, so I buy local as well.
    I found mine 40 miles away on the lot FYI.
    Shadow Black RS2, Forged Hidden Content
    </Former Raptor Owner>

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors