What car would you get if you had a do-over? - Page 4
Close
Login to Your Account
Ford Focus RS Forum

What car would you get if you had a do-over?

This is a discussion on What car would you get if you had a do-over? within the Focus RS vs The Competition forums, part of the Focus RS Forums category; Originally Posted by Warriormonx Agree re the BRZ. Hard to fathom why Subaru and Toyota refuse to ship turbo / supercharged versions of these cars; ...

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: What car would you get if you had a do-over?

RS Senior Member
    Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriormonx View Post
    Agree re the BRZ. Hard to fathom why Subaru and Toyota refuse to ship turbo / supercharged versions of these cars; they are woefully underpowered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The same reason Toyota won't make and include a 6 cyl or manual on their new Supra (their most coveted model), they make all the money on the prius and don't care about enthusiasts
    KW DDC | Titan7 T-S5

Kaiser shift light | Odyssey batt | WL endlinks | Massive camber arms
    DCTF fluid | Trans & cable bushings | WC knob | Damond spacer | Steeda spring

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1847 times
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skold View Post
    Man, the BRZ is so gutless though. I test drove one twice and still could not believe how pathetic it is speed-wise. I wanted to like it so bad but just couldn't. I'd much rather have a FiST.
    Well I don't own one brah. But I've driven them many times. The chassis is exemplary. You have to overdrive it to get the best out of it, so it's very much like my S2000 was. Our tracks here are tight so you can't exploit big power. On track it's a solid car.

And I have no interest in the big 3's coupes, they're all heavy AF and large. Slim pickens out there that are affordable. Industry is too busy designing and manufacturing CUV's.
    Don't worry, scrote. There are plenty of 'tards out there living really kick-ass lives. My first wife was 'tarded. She's a pilot now.

RS Member
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cornerexit View Post
    Well I don't own one brah. But I've driven them many times. The chassis is exemplary. You have to overdrive it to get the best out of it, so it's very much like my S2000 was. Our tracks here are tight so you can't exploit big power. On track it's a solid car.

And I have no interest in the big 3's coupes, they're all heavy AF and large. Slim pickens out there that are affordable. Industry is too busy designing and manufacturing CUV's.
    I guess it has its place. I felt the same way about the S2000 when I drove it, although the acceleration didn't seem quite so bad. I can see enjoying either of those on a track or in autocross but no way I'd enjoy it on public roads.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusRS.org
    Advertisements

RS Master
    Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skold View Post
    I guess it has its place. I felt the same way about the S2000 when I drove it, although the acceleration didn't seem quite so bad. I can see enjoying either of those on a track or in autocross but no way I'd enjoy it on public roads.
    As a BRZ owner, I think you are all basically right. Gutless and lacking any wow factor around town for acceleration, but get it at an autocross or the track and that superb handling makes me forget about the weak HP and torque. Although, it sucks in the turns too if you don't swap out the OE, same-as-the-Prius rubber (I'm not kidding) for something with grip.
    17 FoRS Nitrous Blue, RS2, forged wheels, moonroof
    13 Subaru BRZ (Autocross replacement for the FoRS...screw that panic-assist braking)
    11 BMW X5M
    06 BMW Z4M Roadster
    03 Lotus Esprit

RS Master
    Member #
    Liked
    185 times
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Agree. Brilliant chassis and handling - but Prius cheesecutters, oversized exhaust tips and meh power? They could have done better; even with limited editions with boost and decent rubber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RS Rookie
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I love my '17 RS and really only have one minor regret:

I'd maybe have kept my WRX for an extra 6 months to wait for the '18 to come out, but hindsight is 20/20.

I like AWD drive cars. When I bought the RS, I test drove a Golf R (boring), an STI (better than the Golf R, but still less engaging than the RS), and an Audi S3 (great interior but less engaging drive, couldn't find a manual, and more expensive).

RS Senior Member
    Member #
    Liked
    87 times
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    The only other car in this price range I'd consider is a used GT350. Can you find one for 40k these days?

RS Master
    Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pressure drop View Post
    The only other car in this price range I'd consider is a used GT350. Can you find one for 40k these days?
    Nationwide, I think the cheapest '16s can be had for low 40s or less. No '17s for less than ~$48k that I have seen.
    17 FoRS Nitrous Blue, RS2, forged wheels, moonroof
    13 Subaru BRZ (Autocross replacement for the FoRS...screw that panic-assist braking)
    11 BMW X5M
    06 BMW Z4M Roadster
    03 Lotus Esprit

RS Member
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pressure drop View Post

Avoid the 16's. Several problems that were addressed with the 17 model year (addition of oil cooler, etc).

17's are going from high 40's to high 50's (at some dealers, they seem to be content with letting them sit on the floor), depending on mileage.

Quick search of Autotrader and CarGurus will fill you in.
    pressure drop likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    117 times
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Anyone look at the Mercedes GLA AMG? Hatchback with 370Hp much more little things?

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors