Ford Focus RS Forum banner

Well there goes that theory!

9K views 55 replies 26 participants last post by  tbone 
#1 ·
So we all have be pouring over what some of the info on our DORA's mean and "who's on first", "whats on second" and " i don't know's on third"..... I got a lovely call today!! My DORA is a 19... And it was implied that "well 10's get theres first and 19's might be mid year 2033".... turns out that 10 or a 19 doesn't mean spit! Ford called and told me my car will be MADE in the first part of January!!! And that I should be picking my car up by the end of February. Build schedule is CONFIRMED!!!:cool:

#7 ·
It was ford (or so I think). It couldn't be my dealer because it was a 313 area code and my dealer is in a 253 area code. So I don't know where it was from. But, it was a "curtesy call, to up date me on my order" . And I quote, (well the best i can remember from what he said) "Hi this is Bill or Bob from ford. I am calling just to let you know that your car build schedule is set and will be a early January build. It will be one of the first built and we anticipate a late February delivery." "I hope this good news, and thank you for ordering a 2016 ford focus RS" And that was it.?!???

#5 · (Edited)
As I've said in a different post. Priority is just what the dealership chooses to put in there. Its probably more for if the dealership is ordering multiples of the same type of vehicle. When I finally got my DoRA though my priority went to 2 which I believe only Ford can do. If was stated forever ago that US production would start in January and delivery in spring.

#16 ·
Not too sure. I've never heard of corporate calling someone about a car purchase though.

Maybe we'll all get a phone call. That'd be a nice touch.

I'm hoping mine is a later build. We get some nasty snow and salt up here in michiganistan, and I'd rather not have it come home in that junk!

#22 ·
I want a phone call.. haha. Congrats! hope you get it when they say. When I bought my CSRT they built it on December and it was shipped to me in Germany early Feb. So the time table seems a little quick but hell, I hope you get it soon!

Reactions: supertank
#23 ·
booo and here I am stuck with a retail order. Lol but thats awesome man. If you guys end up getting your cars as early as it sounds it gives me a little hope I may actually get a 2016 MY.

Reactions: supertank
#27 ·
My dealer has no allocations but I have an order in the order bank as well. I too got a call from my sales guy stating ford will start pulling orders tomorrow! The dealer has 6 orders in and he seemed optimistic that they would at least pull a few to start. Either way it seems like they are getting an early start on production which is good.

#34 ·
Gee supertank that is so awesome. You will be out there driving through the country side of Washington State while the rest of us will be waiting for pictures that you have taken, waiting to hear your comments and waiting for ours. But just hearing about the timing is so exciting. That you

#35 ·
Random thought somewhat related:

Does anyone know the shipping routes Ford uses? What port(s) does the train from the factory go to? Which ports do the ships arrive at in the US?

I know my car will most likely come to NY/NJ, but where will a Washington car wind up? Long Beach?

#50 ·
Just for reference BMWusa.com comments on delivery is

All cars depart from Antwerp, Belgium, or Bremerhaven, Germany. It will take appoximately 6-8 weeks
to the East coast and 8-10 weeks to the West Coast
from drop off date for a car to arrive at your BMW center for final delivery. Be advised that if you drop off
your car at any other location than Germany that arrival time will be longer.
Source(s): BMWusa.com

#51 ·
Yeah, yeah! Well I called my dealer today and talked to the finance guy (he's the one that actually processes the order last month) and I said, "hey can I still add the car cover"? He replied, "I will find out Monday BUT !, we were called by the regional rep. the other day." And the rep said they received notice that your (my) car was on for the early part of scheduled builds". So..... I guess I just sit back and daydream about what great back roads of western Washington do I shred first!!

#53 ·
I'm not sure what you mean by first group, but (fingers crossed) you should see a build date in the first half of January.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.