Ford Focus RS Forum banner

Borla Cat-back Exhaust Pics and Video

16K views 67 replies 25 participants last post by  Zach99 
#1 ·
Upgraded as part of an insurance claim. Purchased from CJ Pony Parts.

Property Roof Home House Vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Blue

See less See more
2 2
#3 ·
Sounds great! I gotta hear a couple drive-by clips ....A little more aggressive than everyday driving and all out. ...both outside the car. If you can!

I had a Borla on my mk1 focus and loved it. Only thing I wish is that they didn't use a rolled tip ...I MUCH prefer a hard edged slash cut.

#7 ·
Yay, someone localish to me did one of the exhausts I was thinking about. Now I just need to hear it in person.

Reactions: maschoff
#8 ·
Upgraded as part of an insurance claim. Purchased from CJ Pony Parts.
Looks great.

I put mine on last week too. I was surprised at how much louder than the stock exhaust it is, almost too much for my taste, but it is definitely growing on me. The "pops" are no longer pops and sound much more like gunfire now. The guy shoveling snow outside my building the other day jumped a good 5 feet in the air when I took a fast turn to avoid oncomming traffic and then let off the gas.

Did you run into troble with the flap motor? I had to take mine off and try a second time to get the spring right. Got the dreaded "no drive modes" message on the first try. I think I had the spring on backwards because it fell off the clip when taking it out.

I am a bit worried it is going to be even louder with the CPE downpipe, but so be it I supose.

#14 ·
I dig it for sure. I'm looking at a user borla exhaust for my STi for $150. Too cheap not to try. Mine is too quiet now so when I swap them I'll compair how it sounds to yours. I'm also running equal length headers so not boxer rumble.

#42 ·
@maschoff when you made the video's ( mainly in the mountain drive and roadway takeoff ) what modifications if any did you do. wondering if the pops are tuned, and /or if there was a downpipe

#26 ·
I'm getting used to the rolled tips. The stock exhaust got lost in pictures and the Borla tips are growing on me.

My only complaint is that the tips do not protrude to the same length. The valve side is slightly inset from the other.

I really wished Borla would have QC'd their kits better.

#32 ·
Installed the Borla today. Incredible sound. This is honestly what I expected the RS to sound like from the factory. It's less intrusive in the cabin than the FENG. No drone and quiet when cruising. Aggressive and deep throaty tone when accelerating. I am very, very happy with this exhaust. I'm very picky about in cabin noise too, for what it's worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#33 ·
If I should start a new thread for this, apologies.

So I installed the Borla exhaust today - I need some adjustment pointers.

Both tailpipes are even in how far they protrude. The right hand side is perfectly centered in the tailpipe cutout in the bumper. The left hand side is to the left, by about an inch? Maybe 3/4 inch. The left pipe is pushed in as far as it will go on the slip joint. How can I adjust this? It will drive me nuts.

If the left side was inset a bit, I'd push the muffler out by adjusting the midpipe and pushing it out some which should twist it a bit, but the right hand side is fine and they both protrude by the same amount..

#36 ·
Exhaust shop actually is having to cut a half inch off the left exhaust pipe to properly center and also adjust the pipes so they protrude the same amount each side. Center hanger is also being adjusted.

I would have expected better from Borla.

#41 ·
Awesome!

I took mine back to the shop and they bent a hanger slightly, adjusted a joint and re-welded one joint. Lines up perfectly now, hoping it stays put lol.

The exhaust has broken in over the last week and the sound has gotten even better.

#46 ·
Has anyone had any issues with loss of driving mode after reinstalling the valve actuator? I get it every now and then and if there's a way it should be lined up and installed, I can't find it. Any help would be appreciated!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.