Ford Focus RS Forum banner

RS Adrenaline Academy | April 6-7 Group Discussion

32K views 271 replies 28 participants last post by  Hoonigan 
#1 · (Edited)
RS Adrenaline Academy | April 6-7 Group Discussion

If you are going to Utah for RSAA on April 6th and 7th, you've come to the right place.
April showers bring ...sliding powers?

Let's discuss the Hoonage that will occur. Hopefully there will be a Tooele left when we get through!

Current Attendees:
@a10eun
@Azampatti
@chumpracerj
@DeltaT
@dkirby
@Hoonigan
@Kingkalukan
@mboles2
@rewind
Heed the call fellas...

#51 ·
#52 ·
#55 ·
#54 ·
Counting down the days!

Reactions: rewind
#56 ·
Yep, we're at the Comfort Inn also.

#57 ·
I am also at comfort inn.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

#60 ·
This just showed up in my in box:

Dear Frank,

On behalf of the team at Ford Performance and the Ford Performance Racing School, congratulations on your new Focus RS -- and if this is your first vehicle from Ford Performance, welcome to the family! We'd also like to thank you for registering for the RS Adrenaline Academy -- a special program offered just to you and your fellow RS owners, and conducted by us here at the Ford Performance Racing School at the world-class Utah Motorsports Campus just outside of Salt Lake City. This experiential program is designed to give you an in-depth understanding of the features and capabilities of your new vehicle in a very appropriate manner -- instruction in high-spirited driving! Your instructors, professional drivers whose resumes and qualifications are among the best in the country, will explain, demonstrate, and teach you vehicle dynamics and driving techniques that showcase the true capabilities of your RS. I guarantee you'll leave exhausted -- but with a well-earned smile on your face.

"What should I wear?"

Beginning with an evening reception/dinner in the school’s Ford Performance Center the day you arrive; your entire program is casual -- so please dress comfortably. As for your full day of instruction and driving, it will begin with breakfast snacks/coffee and a short classroom session; however, the vast majority of your day will be behind the wheel doing exercises and learning the limits of the Focus RS on track. We do ask that you wear closed-toe shoes for all driving. And note that we run our programs rain or shine, so be sure to check the weather forecast for your time here and pack accordingly.

"Where should I stay?"

The official hotel of RS Adrenaline Academy program participants is the Comfort Inn & Suites in Tooele, UT. They have preferred rates just for you - Book Now If this property doesn’t interest you, there are many other hotels in the area to consider and we would be happy to answer any questions you might have.

***IMPORTANT INFORMATION***

We are committed to providing the highest level of customer service. In order to do so we ask that you please review the list below, and complete any requested steps.

· Review your Registration Receipt email for accuracy of your class information; including:

o School date (don’t forget your welcome reception the evening before at FPRS - 6:00 pm)

o Accurate spelling of your name

o Correct contact phone number and mailing address

o Limited Liability coverage (if already purchased)

o Guest name (if applicable)

· Review, complete, and return the attached (fillable) Limited Liability form

o MUST be completed and signed, regardless of purchase option

o You may handle onsite, but completing in advance streamlines your experience

· Respond to this email with confirmation that you still plan to attend

If you haven't already done so, we encourage you to visit the program's website HERE. It is full of additional information on the program, pictures from other sessions, and reactions from those who have completed their sessions. There is also a terrific "FAQ" section with answers to almost any question you may have.
Finally, speaking of questions, despite our attempts to anticipate them all, we've been known to miss one here or there. If you don't find an answer to your question, please don't hesitate to ask - either by e-mailing or calling me as we are committed to making sure your experience is one you remember for a lifetime.

In the meantime, enjoy your new Focus RS. The team here is looking forward to your arrival -- and to sharing with you just how exciting your new RS really is!
Safe travels,

Megan Duggan
E: megan.duggan@fpracingschool.com
O: 435-277-8043

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: maschoff
#61 ·
This just showed up in my in box:

Dear Frank,

On behalf of the team at Ford Performance and the Ford Performance Racing School, congratulations on your new Focus RS -- and if this is your first vehicle from Ford Performance, welcome to the family!
Yupp, just got mine too.

#63 ·
Same here!
Getting overly excited! Hope the first group on April 3rd don't break the cars and we have them all in one piece :p :)

Had to make some schedule changes on my flights, same days but I might show up sooner on Thursday and leave later on Saturday, so I might have time for that breakfast :)

#64 ·
In before everyone else.............

New Thread: Who bought or didn't buy the extra Limited Liability coverage?

#65 ·
Am I missing something, I don't see a thread with that title...

I didn't but I plan to, I could never afford not to have it.

#70 ·
Hard to believe that in 8 days I'm heading to RSAA!

#71 ·
Holy moly this came up fast. Am I even ready?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

#73 ·
Ouch, the our trackday forecast is 60% chance of afternoon showers :(. Will monitor. It wouldn't be so bad - a mix of learning techniques, dry in the AM and variable towards the end of the day?

#76 ·
#77 ·
Don't forget ya'll kilts for the meet on the 6th!

#79 ·
I PM'd our session attendees requesting POC #s info. Once I hear from everyone and have the POC info I'll pass this on so we'll all be able to communicate via text.

Hopefully, this will help out @Azampatti with names.

Reactions: Azampatti
#81 ·
PMs sent out to those that have responded. Comms are currently active.

#82 ·
A bit of RSAA teaser NSFW pron:

#83 ·
#84 ·
Hard to believe that Wednesday I begin my wanderlust to Utah and RSAA!

For some reason the clock has started to tick a bit slower now.

@a10eun @Azampatti @chumpracerj @DeltaT @dkirby @Kingkalukan @mboles2 @rewind
Do any of you have a copy of the track map you can send out, please? Or if you have an Apple and can open a .webarchive file I can send you it via email - I can't open it. Came from Megan at FPRS, and so far she hasn't sent me one in a format I can open.

For the nametags, I am working on it. If you can each send me a small picture of your car, I will try to get it on yours. If not, just send me you color and I'll pick a generic side shot.

Thanks,

Jim

#88 ·
Here's Dewey!

Reactions: DeltaT and mboles2
#89 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Cobalt blue

My pretty.

Reactions: Hoonigan and DeltaT
#93 ·
#96 ·
#94 ·
This better not be a part of RSAA:

Vehicle Car Hot hatch Subcompact car City car

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.