Trunk straps
Close
Login to Your Account
Ford Focus RS Forum

Trunk straps

This is a discussion on Trunk straps within the Focus RS Accessories forums, part of the Focus RS Forums category; So with E30 I have to keep a 5gallon gas can in my trunk of E85 at all times for convenience when I need to ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Trunk straps

  1. #1
    Supporting Member neox.286's Avatar
    Supporting Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    California
    Posts
    313
    Member #
    8609
    Liked
    135 times
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

    Trunk straps

    So with E30 I have to keep a 5gallon gas can in my trunk of E85 at all times for convenience when I need to go to the pump and fill up (since the nearest E85 station is a half hour away in the wrong direction)

    This isn't a problem, but the can slides around in the trunk a lot and I'd like to strap it to the side of the trunk if possible to keep it from doing so

    Anyone done anything similar and have any thoughts on the best course of action for accomplishing this? It looks like there are a couple plastic 'hooks' that I could strap it to but I worry that they would break in the first turn with a 30lb gas can strapped to them
    Nitrous Blue RS2

  2. #2
    RS Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Placentia, CA
    Posts
    99
    Member #
    10505
    Liked
    39 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I have the same issue with propane tanks. I transport them often and would like a secure way to strap them down.
    '84 Mustang SVO (the Original)
    '86 Mustang SVO (the Rustang)
    '86 Mustang SVO (the Sleeper)
    '86 Mustang SVO (the Race Car)
    '02 F350 7.3 PSD DRWD (the Tow Pig)
    '03 Excursion 7.3 PSD Limited (The USS Alabama)
    '05 Acura TL 6 speed (gotta kick that rice box out of my garage)
    '05 Focus ZX5 (daughters car)
    '05 Focus ZX4 (other daughters car)
    '13 Boss 302 LS SBY (garage queen)
    '16 Focus RS (name...TBD)
    I like my Fords and I like 'em with turbos!

  3. #3
    RS Specialist
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Richmond, TX
    Posts
    1,179
    Member #
    6842
    Liked
    357 times
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Keeping gas in your cabin isn't too bright, just sayin
    '14 Honda Grom 125--->181cc Big Bore!!
    '15 F150 Platinum
    ' 16 RS SG RS2 no roof

  4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusRS.org
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    JWA
    JWA is offline
    RS Master JWA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Racine, WI
    Posts
    451
    Member #
    3375
    Liked
    202 times
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    These stick pretty well to the stock trunk carpet: https://www.amazon.com/Cargo-Pal-Org.../dp/B00ZN4Z2CY

    Name:  41dUZLorn8L.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  19.6 KB

    They use velcro on the bottom. I'm not sure if they'd hold a 30lb gas can though, especially if it's tall. Maybe a ratcheting cargo bar like for pickup trucks?
    Ecobeast likes this.

  6. #5
    RS Member ERazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    62
    Member #
    5713
    Liked
    25 times
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Here ya go exactly what you both are looking for. Got mine at Walmart...best $8 bucks I've spent in a long time. Works for gas and round propane. fits nice and secure. You can strap can or tank to the hauler and it has spiked feet that keep it from sliding. I've only used it for short trips to fill up gas can or propane but it works quite well and haven't had it flip on it's side. For extra peace of mind or more aggressive driving you could then strap it to the child seat hooks on the back of the rear seats or the chrome latch for the back seats. Bungee or small ratcheting strap would work.

    Hand E-Hauler:
    Storage and transport of LP tanks and fuel cans
    Containment of minor leaks and spills
    Built-in hooks can be used with bungee cords to secure gas cans and LP tanks
    Rubber feet and carpet grips help prevent sliding

    https://www.walmart.com/ip/36728098?...&wl13=&veh=sem
    Last edited by ERazer; 10-12-2016 at 03:32 PM.

  7. #6
    Supporting Member neox.286's Avatar
    Supporting Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    California
    Posts
    313
    Member #
    8609
    Liked
    135 times
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Racer_X View Post
    Keeping gas in your cabin isn't too bright, just sayin
    lol, it's in a well sealed and safe can but I only haul it when I am close to needing to fill up

    Quote Originally Posted by JWA View Post
    These stick pretty well to the stock trunk carpet: https://www.amazon.com/Cargo-Pal-Org.../dp/B00ZN4Z2CY

    Name:  41dUZLorn8L.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  19.6 KB

    They use velcro on the bottom. I'm not sure if they'd hold a 30lb gas can though, especially if it's tall. Maybe a ratcheting cargo bar like for pickup trucks?
    that works perfectly actually...I also realized I don't need to haul the 5gal can since once I'm at E30 I don't need more than around 2.5gals to fill from a 30% full tank, so it'll be about 15lbs instead

    Thanks for the tip!

    Quote Originally Posted by ERazer View Post
    Here ya go exactly what you both are looking for. Got mine at Walmart...best $8 bucks I've spent in a long time. Works for gas and round propane. fits nice and secure. You can strap can or tank to the hauler and it has spiked feet that keep it from sliding. I've only used it for short trips to fill up gas can or propane but it works quite well and haven't had it flip on it's side. For extra peace of mind or more aggressive driving you could then strap it to the child seat hooks on the back of the rear seats or the chrome latch for the back seats. Bungee or small ratcheting strap would work.

    https://www.walmart.com/ip/36728098?...&wl13=&veh=sem
    This may also work well - how big is it in the trunk though? Does it take up half of the trunk?
    Nitrous Blue RS2

  8. #7
    RS Member ERazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    62
    Member #
    5713
    Liked
    25 times
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neox.286 View Post
    lol, it's in a well sealed and safe can but I only haul it when I am close to needing to fill up



    that works perfectly actually...I also realized I don't need to haul the 5gal can since once I'm at E30 I don't need more than around 2.5gals to fill from a 30% full tank, so it'll be about 15lbs instead

    Thanks for the tip!



    This may also work well - how big is it in the trunk though? Does it take up half of the trunk?
    No it's quite small just big enough to give stability to what you got in it. Made specifically for gas cans and propane.

    Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H): 18.75 x 17.50 x 5.00 Inches
    neox.286 likes this.

  9. #8
    RS Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Placentia, CA
    Posts
    99
    Member #
    10505
    Liked
    39 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Both of those are great ideas. I like the versatility of the Amazon item as you can make it bigger or smaller depending on your needs. But I also like the Walmart option as it can contain spills (not that I would have the with propane). But I also like it because propane tanks are usually dirty and gets crap all over my carpet....hmmm...sounds like a trip to Walmart on the way home! Thanks for the tips!
    '84 Mustang SVO (the Original)
    '86 Mustang SVO (the Rustang)
    '86 Mustang SVO (the Sleeper)
    '86 Mustang SVO (the Race Car)
    '02 F350 7.3 PSD DRWD (the Tow Pig)
    '03 Excursion 7.3 PSD Limited (The USS Alabama)
    '05 Acura TL 6 speed (gotta kick that rice box out of my garage)
    '05 Focus ZX5 (daughters car)
    '05 Focus ZX4 (other daughters car)
    '13 Boss 302 LS SBY (garage queen)
    '16 Focus RS (name...TBD)
    I like my Fords and I like 'em with turbos!

  10. #9
    JWA
    JWA is offline
    RS Master JWA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Racine, WI
    Posts
    451
    Member #
    3375
    Liked
    202 times
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I throw a set of those CargoPal blocks that are made by Husky in all of my cars. They're great for stabilizing groceries, briefcases, etc. I originally learned of them when my wife bought a GTI years ago because VW offers them with a carpeted mat as part of their "Monster mats" package.
    Last edited by JWA; 10-12-2016 at 04:52 PM.

  11. #10
    RS Member ERazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    62
    Member #
    5713
    Liked
    25 times
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vrinner View Post
    Both of those are great ideas. I like the versatility of the Amazon item as you can make it bigger or smaller depending on your needs. But I also like the Walmart option as it can contain spills (not that I would have the with propane). But I also like it because propane tanks are usually dirty and gets crap all over my carpet....hmmm...sounds like a trip to Walmart on the way home! Thanks for the tips!
    I've got them both while the amazon ones are great for other stuff the Hand-e Hauler is purpose built for gas and propane. It's contoured and fits a 20lb tank like a glove! Round part for the bottom ring and contoured for the sides of the tank.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Husky or Weathertech trunk/hatch liner
    By Ultrafreaks in forum Focus RS Accessories
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 09-29-2016, 06:53 PM
  2. Focus RS trunk
    By y)9CnpEtUvmi in forum Focus RS Discussions
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 08-24-2016, 12:56 AM
  3. Trunk and Door Cup Clear Bra protection?
    By Maximum6 in forum Focus RS Accessories
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-23-2016, 08:32 AM
  4. The Best Car Options Come in the Trunk
    By Hoonigan in forum Focus RS Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-26-2016, 05:30 PM
  5. It looks like they moved the trunk button - yay!
    By Zacky C in forum Focus RS Electronics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-16-2015, 07:26 PM