Ford Focus RS Forum banner

Drift mode - focus rs - australia

4K views 26 replies 16 participants last post by  brendansRS 
#1 ·
can anyone actually get it to work?
mine doesnt.....turn hard as hell and throttle WIIIDE open...and she just grips

#3 ·
Haven't found a location suitable to try it yet. Where do you recommend?

Ideally I'd like a nice smooth concrete surface so I don't chew up the tires too badly. Need to do a skid pan day really.

#10 ·
Find a dirt road or go out when it's raining. I'd say have some fun in the snow, but I don't think that's a common thing around Sydney. :highly_amused:

#6 ·
It works....but don't try it on the open road....track only.
PS It is easier to induce with Super Sports compared to Cup 2's...

#15 ·
tried this, the funny thing is that with Drift mode on, the "ESC off" light is showing...so theoretically it should be off and as soon as you touch it the light dissappears...(so i would believe the ESC is on again)

the other funny thing is that it actually drifts better in track mode...(more of a power slide)

i will try it again, it just felt like i was being rather harsh on the poor lil thing... haha
maybe buy a set of ****ty achilles or nexens or some el cheapo tyres and it should slide like a hovercraft in normal mode in the wet....ROTFL

anyhows....the rest of the car lives up to the expactations so im beginning to think...who cares abt drift mode...

Also boys....i dragged a R36 Passat last night who thought he was a hero.....hahahahaa...poor bloke haha

#14 ·
I don't know, works for me, even in sport mode. I use the back lot behind Jewel where I work. Smoke them tires, real good!

Slow speed, tight turn, hard throttle. COBB tuner helps.

#17 ·
In track mode the computer will use the front brakes to counter the yaw and it will leave everyone wondering why you haven't turned off the traction control. If you start to kick the rear end out, the outside front brake will pulse to bring you back

#21 ·
ok, old thread....but i started it so id better finish it.....after 6 months of owning the RS.....i can confirm it definitely does drift....it just takes you a while to get to know how hard you have to push it to make it drift....

also it doesnt work on long sweeping bends...(apart from the fact im too **** scared to try it at 100kph on the street)....

wet street and a bit of space...and it makes my mates as jealous as a bunch of paedophiles watching a primary school teacher attend their business..

#26 ·
I still have my xr6t. Managed to convince my wife its a classic now its no longer being made. Keeping it for the kids now!
That is one of the easiest cars to mod, still brings a smile everytime I drive it.
The xr8 utes were the true drift kings....

I actually ordered the RS as a counterpoint - for grip and no drifting. It also delivers, but feels slow

#27 ·
i loved my XR6T sedan to bits ....the problem was it fell to bits too... i thrashed the absolute poop out of it...doh...young hoon.
blew 2 turbos and one engine.....not bad going for 4years....

even though i really miss that endless torque band in the XR6T....i would have my RS anyday over the Xr6 tho.....just way more precise and refined....

the thing is that the RS if driven right (kinda hard) is very playful :) so i reckon its the happy medium and it feels more balanced...(power to handling/grip)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.