Ford Focus RS Forum banner

Sydney RS Meet Up Thread

12K views 108 replies 20 participants last post by  03wrxnos 
#1 ·
Howdy peeps,

Figured I would start a new thread for possible Sydney RS meet ups.

Any expressions of interest should be made here so we can get the ball rolling on potential dates, probably sometime in February so there is plenty of time to nut out the finer details.

Cheers!

#10 ·
I'm still keen for meet up but Feb may be tough as I'll have a newborn to deal with. I may be able to sneak out for a couple of hours depending on the day/time, so will watch this thread with interest to see what time and place gets locked in, and will do my level best to be there!

#13 ·
In for whenever! Homebush would be pretty central. Maybe a meet up and a drive to Palm Beach or something one evening.

Reactions: JackFRS
#25 ·
Do you mean Wiseman's Ferry Road to Gosford? It's been quite a few years, but I remember it being a good road back in my old 3 MPS.

#30 ·
Depends on what time you go up there and if police are focusing on that as they alternate between nasho, old road, putty and bells line. They target motorbikes more then cars and they choose patrols by how many recent accidents there have been. Havent been much on old road as they did a blitz a few months back so its a bit quieter up there now.

#37 ·
I also ride the OPH and the putty on my bike and on the weekends you can almost guarantee a police presence. From Cowan to the Slab at Somerset it's mostly a 60 kph limit and in my experience the gestapo will come down on you hard if you break these limits irrespective if you are in a car or a bike. It also gets busy with bikes so cars will not be able to push hard. It's a great road with lots of sweeping bends but not much of a challenge for an RS. The Putty can also be policed hard at weekends. If they weren't planning to police this weekend, maybe they will now after reading this post, including the comments regarding top speed runs! IMO the better section is from orimbah to Wollombi where there are less restrictive limits mostly 80 to 100 kph with equally good twisty sections although the surface is a bit rough in places. I'll consider future runs if they're run as a Mystery Tour, which is less likely to draw attention. The RS doesn't need any help with this.

#38 ·
How many are coming along on Saturday? Is the plan to have some lunch and go for a drive somewhere?

Agree with 350RST, might be best not to mention routes publicly so as to avoid any unnecessary attention. Better to have info sent via PMs or Whatsapp for those interested.

I'm a maybe at this stage, but definitely keen to catch up. This weekend is a little hectic with birthdays and some prior plans which I may or may not be able to shift.

Reactions: Paolo
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.