Ford Focus RS Forum banner

Thinking on a RS

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  trainplane3 
#1 ·
Hey there! I'm from the Pittsburgh area and have been keeping my eye on the RS since it's been announced. I was planning on possibly seeking out a RS at the end of this year but from what it sounds like, 2018 models won't be happening. I bumped that up to this month with a chance of a test drive this weekend! Like a lot of people, I need to test drive it to be sure I want to drop $40k on a Focus. I currently have a Chevy HHR (bleh) for my daily/winter car and a 2008 Cobalt SS turbo with some bolt-ons and a tune for the summer fun car.

My situation is a little odd though...both cars are paid off so I don't really want to get rid of them. The HHR is something I can take anywhere and not worry about it (WHO would even steal a HHR?!) and Cobalt has been insanely reliable while putting down ~300hp. I'm concerned with the paint and RDU issues that some RS's have. The RS would also be a summer car since PA obliterates their roads with salt during winter. So why not a Mustang or Camaro? Well, I love hatches and wagons. It's a odd spot to be in. Honestly if the RS wows me and I get it, I'll probably sell the Cobalt within a year of getting the RS.

Thanks for reading my intro/dilemma! Wasn't that fun?!
Anyways, you guys have great info and I really enjoy reading everything you discover with this car!

Before I finish, here's a pic of the fun car:
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Rim Tire

See less See more
#2 ·
All wheel drive, 350 hp, great seats, drift mode...and great handling. Subjectively, I also think it looks great / better than the other cars in its "class."

The dealer asked me why, after so many different cars from Porsche to Jeep, why the RS. I told him, I do a little business with Ford and it made sense for me to drive one, and if I was going to have one daily driver, it would be the RS because it really is the best in class product other than the F-150 (arguable, of course). And I've only had it 24 hours!

#8 ·
STOP THINKING.....DO IT!!!!!:encouragement::excited:

#14 ·
I'm in Aliquippa (technically Hopewell), about 15 mins from the airport. I got it from Woltz & Wind Ford. They were super laid back and were great to work with. They actually cut a bit off MSRP and gave me more then Moon Township Ford for the Cobalt. I wanted more for the SS but I didn't want to deal with Craigslist people *shudders*. I saw a grey and a blue RS in my area, what color is yours? And ya, I'd be down to meeting up with other RS's in the area!

I always give such great advice. Congrats on the car!
Thanks and your advice lead to me getting my first brand new, fresh off the lot car ever. Here's hoping the next couple years will bring me as much fun the Cobalt did!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.