Attn: Ask Anything And Not Get Flamed Thread
Close
Login to Your Account
Ford Focus RS Forum

This is a discussion on Attn: Ask Anything And Not Get Flamed Thread within the Introductions forums, part of the Site News category; I think a thread like this could be a very valuable and beneficial tool, specially as this Forum continues to grow and new junior members ...

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: Attn: Ask Anything And Not Get Flamed Thread

Member #
    Liked
    133 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I think a thread like this could be a very valuable and beneficial tool, specially as this Forum continues to grow and new junior members are added.

At this point, we're all new to this Forum, but as time passes, the NOW junior members will be senior members. We'll continue to see the Forum grow with new junior members.

It was a very popular thread in another Forum and a safe place for new junior members to post questions (within Forum rules/guidelines) without fear of being flamed.

So please respond kindly and keep it fun.

Cheers!
    Last edited by COBBST; 02-07-2015 at 05:01 PM.
    HemiGoneHatch, Paolo, skip and 1 others like this.
    2017 Frozen White Focus RS1

RS Member
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There will be lots of questions. Great no judgement thread here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    COBBST likes this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    5457 times
    Mentioned
    475 Post(s)
    Dang it, I have to put my flame thrower away.

Seriously, this is a great area for the newb member to ask a question and still have the cone of safety.

Plenty of SME (Subject Matter Experts) out there that can assist with the answering.

So let those questions fly.....................

One other note, make sure to discover where the search button is and how to do a Google search also.

This helps out quite a bit also, just sayin'.
    COBBST likes this.
    2013 #2008,#349 of 2286 in PB ST2, Panda Tuned, Mountune CBE, CAI, DP, re-circ valve, and Strut Tower Brace, FRPP shifter, K&N filter, Steeda rear sway/strut tower bars, 3M clear bra, WeatherTechs w/ST badges, Zunsport grill kit, Tail of the Dragon decal, Hoonigan crash bar!
    2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS (Holden Commodore)(Wife)
    2015 Tuxedo Black FiST (Daughter)
    2016 Stealth Grey RS2, Dewey: Order placed: 30OCT2015, Built: 3MAY2016, Delivered: 31AUG2016!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusRS.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    133 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by st2focus View Post
    Dang it, I have to put my flame thrower away.

Seriously, this is a great area for the newb member to ask a question and still have the cone of safety.

Plenty of SME (Subject Matter Experts) out there that can assist with the answering.

So let those questions fly.....................

One other note, make sure to discover where the search button is and how to do a Google search also.

This helps out quite a bit also, just sayin'.
    ^^Totally agree! As far as the flame thrower is concerned, I have a feeling it may become useful in some other threads, so don't put it in storage just yet LOL!!

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    5457 times
    Mentioned
    475 Post(s)
    We still need a Ricer, WTF did I see while driving, and the like threads to make it fun around here.
    COBBST likes this.
    2013 #2008,#349 of 2286 in PB ST2, Panda Tuned, Mountune CBE, CAI, DP, re-circ valve, and Strut Tower Brace, FRPP shifter, K&N filter, Steeda rear sway/strut tower bars, 3M clear bra, WeatherTechs w/ST badges, Zunsport grill kit, Tail of the Dragon decal, Hoonigan crash bar!
    2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS (Holden Commodore)(Wife)
    2015 Tuxedo Black FiST (Daughter)
    2016 Stealth Grey RS2, Dewey: Order placed: 30OCT2015, Built: 3MAY2016, Delivered: 31AUG2016!

Member #
    Liked
    133 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by st2focus View Post
    We still need a Ricer, WTF did I see while driving, and the like threads to make it fun around here.
    ^^ Agree 100%!!

Member #
    Liked
    1206 times
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Yo Dawgz, so I'm ridin my whip round the hood, itza slammed Civic 24 Dubs and phatties and WTF do I see but some naked dude bustin around the likker store readin a Car and Driver mag like some$hit waz on fire!

Feel free to add on the next sentences to turn it into a little story.

JIm
    - "We’re joined by plenty of exotic metal, including a 997 Porsche 911 GT3 RS, a Ferrari 458 Italia, an Audi R8 and two Porsche Cayman GT4s – all cars that should wipe the floor with the Focus RS. But they don’t." - Autocar
    - SG/Forged/RS2/no MR, Built: 6/9/16, caught the MV Thalatta, cleared customs in SoCal 8/5, delivered 8/16

• Don't take a knife to a gunfight
    • Half-Assed = Half-Fast

Hidden Content

Member #
    Liked
    491 times
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post
    Yo Dawgz, so I'm ridin my whip round the hood, itza slammed Civic 24 Dubs and phatties and WTF do I see but some naked dude bustin around the likker store readin a Car and Driver mag like some$hit waz on fire!

Feel free to add on the next sentences to turn it into a little story.
    After recovering from that stroke I tried to regain what few senses I had left.

"Where...am I? What's happening?"

Pausing a moment to take in my surroundings, I'm clearly in my trusty '94 Civic EX; the scent of three Black Ice air fresheners hanging from the rear-view mirror and the Initial D complete collection in the passenger seat is enough to convince me of that much. But which intersection am I at and why don't I remember driving here?

Someone honks next to me.

Looking to my left I see an LS1 swapped Miata with none other than Ryan 'Fuċking' Gosling behind the wheel. Still under post-stroke effects, I'm struggling to figure out if this is real life or just Fanta sea. Before I can ask how his smile can makes me feel things my girlfriend can only dream of, I hear another honk to my right.

Lacking in looks but not in character, I see Billy Mays in an S2000. "VTEC BRO", he shouts, engine revving hysterically. Are we racing?

Right as I was wishing to return to the comfort of the stroke, Lakitu appears in front of us signifying the immediacy of my current predicament.

My competition may be fierce and handsome, but they're no match for the aftermarket electric turbo I found off Ebay. The added boost gauge was a nice touch.

Lakitu's light turns green and rubber starts burning. Gosling's swap clearly pays off as he's multiple car lengths ahead of Billy and I, but the more I think positive thoughts about Paul Walker's friendship with Vin Diesel, the faster I can feel my Civvy gaining on him.

Moments before I'm about catch up to the manliest of Miata drivers, a blur zooms past my right side. I can only assume it was Mays, but all I could hear was the sound of the VTEC and someone exclaiming "BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE."
    2005 Subaru Legacy GT 5MT Wagon
    2016 Ford Focus RS in Stealth Grey w/ RS2 Package, Moonroof, 19" Premium Forged Wheels
    Adjectives which describe me, YMMV: childish, sophomoric, low-education

Member #
    Liked
    934 times
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kbrd View Post
    After recovering from that stroke I tried to regain what few senses I had left.

"Where...am I? What's happening?"

Pausing a moment to take in my surroundings, I'm clearly in my trusty '94 Civic EX; the scent of three Black Ice air fresheners hanging from the rear-view mirror and the Initial D complete collection in the passenger seat is enough to convince me of that much. But which intersection am I at and why don't I remember driving here?

Someone honks next to me.

Looking to my left I see an LS1 swapped Miata with none other than Ryan 'Fuċking' Gosling behind the wheel. Still under post-stroke effects, I'm struggling to figure out if this is real life or just Fanta sea. Before I can ask how his smile can makes me feel things my girlfriend can only dream of, I hear another honk to my right.

Lacking in looks but not in character, I see Billy Mays in an S2000. "VTEC BRO", he shouts, engine revving hysterically. Are we racing?

Right as I was wishing to return to the comfort of the stroke, Lakitu appears in front of us signifying the immediacy of my current predicament.

My competition may be fierce and handsome, but they're no match for the aftermarket electric turbo I found off Ebay. The added boost gauge was a nice touch.

Lakitu's light turns green and rubber starts burning. Gosling's swap clearly pays off as he's multiple car lengths ahead of Billy and I, but the more I think positive thoughts about Paul Walker's friendship with Vin Diesel, the faster I can feel my Civvy gaining on him.

Moments before I'm about catch up to the manliest of Miata drivers, a blur zooms past my right side. I can only assume it was Mays, but all I could hear was the sound of the VTEC and someone exclaiming "BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE."
    So much win in this post...
    Xicutioner likes this.

2016 Focus RS. After being drug around by @Ford long enough to grow a freakin' human being from start to finish... Allocation/order dumped.

Current..
    2010 Porsche Cayenne GTS
    2007 Lotus Exige S
    1992 Acura Integra GS-R

Past..
    91 of them.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1246 times
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)