Ford Focus RS Forum banner

Australia RS servicing thread

44K views 193 replies 53 participants last post by  irob 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

Post your recent Aussie servicing with your RS in here both good and bad.
Post your feedback and whether you were happy or dissatisfied with your dealer's efforts.

Furthermore, post if your dealer updates your RS with pcm update and rear speakers update for your RS.

P.

Reactions: RSMcRSFace
#17 ·
Same thing happened to me ..they had NFI ... told me it was a 0W 40 , but couldn't tell me what ... then after complaining they checked the manual and told me to use a Castrol 0W 40 Fully synthetic . Even though they topped it up at the 3000k ' peace of mind service with Shell Helix Ultra - 5W 30 ... Fark . Ford Australia have NO IDEA on how to maintain this car .

#3 · (Edited)
Aussie RS,

That is disappointing.
Did you manage to find another dealer?

I am trying to aggregate all RS owners to find reputable and knowledgeable service centres for us RS owners.

When i contacted Ford Oz on Facebook they had no idea about pcm and were clueless about rear speakers not working.

Hopefully we can all input to find best service centres.

Reactions: RSMcRSFace
#7 · (Edited)
:bs::bs::bs:Well it is interesting.

My rear speakers like Justininspain very weak output can't hear anything.

When i go for my first service later this year will definitely take my own oil, have a lurking hunch that not many if any Ford service centres are properly trained for the RS.

I will also be curious whether they charge $375 or more or less as stated in local aussie motor magazine for the RS servicing.

Either way i am nervous with Ford Oz service hence the creation of this thread.

Edit :will say this i emailed my service centre to inform a change of rego on plates two weeks ago. Not a single reply.

:bs: :bs: :bs:

#8 ·
I took mine to a Sunshine Coast dealer in Dec (definitely not the local dealer I purchased off) for the 3 month check over service. (@2000kms) Took my own oil and they only charged the cost of the filter...no labour and were SO careful with the car. (Yes I stood and watched!!)
Still don't trust dealerships but will take it back there for it's 7500km later in the year.

#9 ·
If any one in Melbourne wants a very reputable trust worthy Ford, I can strongly recommend Chadstone Ford. The service manager "Matthew Pollock" is an ex focus owner and an enthusiast with in the Melbourne Ford XR/ST facebook car club and is majorly helpful with pricing for club members and trouble shooting online. Chadstone Ford is the only Ford dealership I trust that I know will put maximum care and effort into doing what is best for our cars!

#11 ·
Took my car for the peace of mind service on the weekend, asked about oil and filter change and they quoted $375! they reckon this is per Ford Aus pricing in their system and is equivalent to doing a minor service (since it's not schedule).

On another note they recommend servicing the car every 6 months even though officially it is every 12 months because it is a turbo, I am not sure if they were taking the pi$$ though.

#15 ·
Yes I have sync 2 and yes can't hear anything from rear unless i fade it all the way but even then still piss weak.

Keep them stories coming. Quite the revelation.
Most dealers should be free for peace of mind check.

Only the first service 12 months should be 375.

Reactions: AusRS
#16 ·
Yes I have sync 2 and yes can't hear anything from rear unless i fade it all the way but even then still piss weak.
The technician couldn't hear any difference between my front and rear speakers, I was like WTF!!!!

#21 ·
Large dealer outside Melbourne metro ..I'm not on this forum to point fingers ( one day I may need to do a warranty claim ..god forbid ) just to inform people to be wary .FORD read these forums too ... ( I did make an official complaint though through FORD ) I know there are probably dealers who have someone who knows what they are doing . Yes it's a new car and of limited numbers , but that's not good enough FORD , get your **** together . Incidentally the Service Foreman of the said dealership who handles warranty claims etc was excellent in his customer service when the service manager handballed me to him for specifics on oil etc and I spoke to him bout my concerns about the leaking seal around the PTU and blown headgasket issues that have been raised. He assured me that they would look after any problems . He did give me some confidence .

#23 ·
Probably didn't make myself clear, the peace of mind service was free, but they wanted $375 to change oil & filter, which is ridicules.

Just out of curiosity, anyone planning to service the car every 6 months instead of 12? (Apart from oil change) Not sure if the dealer had a point when they told me I should service every 6 months because it is a turbo.

#24 ·
When I worked at Mazda many moons ago as a tech, all our turbo stuff had a serivce interval half of the naturally aspirated stuff, no one ever complained. I plan on changing my oil and filter every 6 months or 5000km, what ever comes first and then only doing the once a year Ford service to keep warranty but only whilst it's under warranty then after that I will do all the work myself. At the local Ford dealer I went to for the peace of mind service a number of the techs have been trained by me.

Reactions: Hunter_Killer
#27 ·
Exactly the same here.... Will be changing the oil every 6 months and dealer Service every 12 months. I have only had my free peace of mind service done by my dealer, however they service the missus Titanium as well. Great bunch of guys, nothing short of professional. I think they could tell that I am from the OCD institution and everything I requested was followed to the letter......Bremer Ford if anyone is looking for exceptional service.

#26 · (Edited)
My Original Dealer 'Scenic Motors Ford Beaudesert' service center was no good, forgot to do things, no communication - ditched them after the 3k service. EDIT* sale dealings was awesome - got the car for cheap, inside relationships :ghost:

Now using Qford Beenleigh QLD, building a relationship with the Manager Tony - so far very impressed!

$375 for 15k service.

Tony rang me at each step making sure everything was how I wanted, double, triple checking oil was correct, PCM updates which didnt originally work because of my tune, I had to completely uninstall tune and re-install once update complete.
As instructed they will not even drive my car out of the center.

had 3 warranty issues fixed through Qford, all no dramas at all.
Quick turn around for parts from Melbourne Ford.

Happy customer

#37 ·
Over the last few days I've put another 1.000 kms on in country Vic, now reaching 9.300 kms and all good so far. Only issue is the B-pillar rattle exacerbated by the crappy country roads in Vic, but I can live with that given what the car provides in return. The other thing I noticed is that gaping mouth takes in insects of alll shapes and sizes and will be a hassle to clean. As for the scheduled 15k service, I will be asking my dealer upfront what brand and type of oil they plan to use and if the answer is correct, I will ask them whether they carry it in stock.......

Reactions: Paolo
#39 ·
I got the oil change required message at around 14,000km and it persisted until I got the 15k service completed last week. I asked the service manager about it, he wasn't sure why however said the same thing was happening with the Mustang. For the record, the oil used was Castrol Edge A3 0W/40.

#43 ·
G'day all

I like to change my oil every 5,000km so had a good friend of mine bring back a bulk lot of Ford FL-910S oil filters from the USA.

Anyway, if anyone in Sydney is interested in doing their own oil changes, I'm happy to sell a few of the filters for $10 each (that's what I paid including the couple of cases of beer for my mates time/effort).

Pic for reference of the actual filter included.

I'm based at Bella Vista during the day and live in Canterbury, happy to meet at either location.

Cheers
Jack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#47 ·
Re the "Oil Change Required" message, got some more info today and in this case it is based on the date of production to now. My car was built in April '16 so, it is now March '17, fast approaching April, which will be the 12 month service milestone. Therefore, the message is really based on a timeframe.

To clear this message - Turn the ignition on, without starting the engine, press the brake and accelerator for approximately 20 seconds, and the message will reset and clear.......

#48 ·
I got the same spiel yesterday.

Had to take mine into the dealer yesterday for another minor issue. Started the car with the ambient temp reading -18C. Had the aircon set to 22, so it's of course blasting out hot air. They replaced the entire mirror assembly (which is where the ambient temp sensor is) which didn't fix it.

Did some reading on the forum and it appears common - the fix is to....just drive it.

So I drove it home & the temp gradually went back to normal. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If anyone has this issue don't panic - just take it for a spin for 20 mins or so in clear traffic and it should resolve itself.

#53 · (Edited)
Crujones,

Sorry to hear this service.
Can you post your thoughts on Ford’s Oz Facebook? We all have to start expressing the lack of faith in Ford's Oz servicing.

I have bought my own oil expecting the wurst later this year when Frosty goes in for his first service. I am also praying nothing else untowards occurs like mechanic joy rides, damaged rims, door panel hits.

For some reason i am thinking dash cams to calm my paranoia.. We will see but seeing the posts don't make me feel any easier.

Reactions: CruJones
#54 ·
Dash cams?!?
Seriously?
My same ford dealer who wouldn't know oil from water knew how to disconnect all my dashcams both front and rear. And did they just disconnect the power cord... No of course not they disconnected all the cables front and rear, pointed the cameras down and didn't connect it back it when they handed it back to me.

Seems they were more adept at protecting themselves from proof of any incompetence rather than just get on with doing their job well.

And contacting ford Australia on Facebook will do you squat. They will wheel out some pc answer and refer you back to the dealer responsible.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

#55 ·
To save some dollars, just purchase the oil beforehand and supply it to them. Repco and Supercheap normally have sales and you can pick it up for around $65 for a 5 litre bottle.

In regards to the oil quantity I was surprised when I changed mine that it only held just a smidge over 5 litres. I reckon 5.1 litres to the full mark put after running it up etc and checking both warm and cold. Obviously the engine must retain a couple 100 ml in the galleries/ cooler etc.

#66 ·
Yeah For sure. I will be buying oil and taking it to the dealer next service. That's $50 that will be going in the petrol tank for more fun with corners.
I did check the oil again tonight and it's around 3 to 4mm below the full marker. Might put another 100ml in and see if that brings it up to full.

#57 ·
I think it will all be good but you know how it is.

:thumbsup:

#58 ·
I had a similar conversation with the head tech at my dealership and had to read out the specs in the manual to convince him of the oil type. He went on to say with a slight hint of defeat, "if you want us to put that oil in we will", but I'm not convinced they carry it in stock. I'm not long before my 15k service and I'm readying for the same conversation again to ram it home as to the oil to use just so there are no ugly surprises or confrontations when it goes in. I would like to maintain the good rapport that I have with them and not have it derailed over a clash over what the manual clearly states.......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.