Cold weather, hot hatch: Ford finding early Focus RS sales success - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Ford Focus RS Forum

Cold weather, hot hatch: Ford finding early Focus RS sales success

This is a discussion on Cold weather, hot hatch: Ford finding early Focus RS sales success within the News forums, part of the Site News category; I don't believe that grey is the most popular. I know Ford presented U.K. Sales by color, and I think blue was around 60% of ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Cold weather, hot hatch: Ford finding early Focus RS sales success

Member #
    Liked
    1023 times
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I don't believe that grey is the most popular. I know Ford presented U.K. Sales by color, and I think blue was around 60% of all cars there...I believe grey (both versions they get) were the least two popular colors, but I might be wrong since this is from memory.

I wouldn't be shocked if grey is the 2nd most popular color, but I just don't think they sold more than blue based on what I've seen elsewhere and what I've seen on the street.

What I've seen on the street is too small of a sample size to make real conclusions, but blue is the vast majority of the cars I've seen. 2nd would be white.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Grimlock
    2017 Nitrous Blue Focus RS1- No options, built 9/27/2016, delivered 1/9/17
    "Dynamically, the RS is in a different league than the others, maybe even playing a different sport." - Car & Driver, May 2016 comparing the Focus RS to the WRX STI and Golf R

Member #
    Liked
    1023 times
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sacamano View Post
    My dealership has a hard time moving the blue, the SG's weren't on the lot a week. It shocked me to hear this. They still have 2 NB RS's on the lot (at MSRP) and the SG's with the same options went first. SG was a non-option for me (but to each their own). If they had the magnetic option I'd consider that. The dealership is actively trying to trade their NB's for SG and Black.
    The dealers in my area say the opposite. They say blue goes out the door instantly (with a markup), and that the other colors sit a bit long and the dealers are willing to sell them without a markup (or even discounted).

I know my attitude was this- if I found my exact car in another color (not blue) for $5K less I wouldn't have bought it. NB was the only color I wanted, period.
    Grimlock
    2017 Nitrous Blue Focus RS1- No options, built 9/27/2016, delivered 1/9/17
    "Dynamically, the RS is in a different league than the others, maybe even playing a different sport." - Car & Driver, May 2016 comparing the Focus RS to the WRX STI and Golf R

Member #
    Liked
    1205 times
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
    NB was the only color I wanted, period.
    I feel the same way about SG. If you like to speed (and of course I do not), why drive a color you can see from SPACE?!

Jim
    skip likes this.
    - "We’re joined by plenty of exotic metal, including a 997 Porsche 911 GT3 RS, a Ferrari 458 Italia, an Audi R8 and two Porsche Cayman GT4s – all cars that should wipe the floor with the Focus RS. But they don’t." - Autocar
    - SG/Forged/RS2/no MR, Built: 6/9/16, caught the MV Thalatta, cleared customs in SoCal 8/5, delivered 8/16

• Don't take a knife to a gunfight
    • Half-Assed = Half-Fast

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusRS.org
    Advertisements

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    128 times
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I can believe those numbers, in the US. People have learned that Black is impossible to keep from showing even minor scratches, it was the first color I knocked off of my list. White shows dirt to darn easily, in my area that makes it a no-go. Blue was just too...Blue for me. Dark Blue can be beautiful. A very pale baby blue is ok for an old classic. For me NB was a shade I know I couldn't live with.

So SG was my top choice. While lots of dealers sent me information about NB's and Blacks sitting on the lot, I had to search quite awhile, and drive over 50 miles to find the SG RS2 I now drive.
    2016 Stealth Gray Focus RS
    RS2 -- Moon roof

RS Member
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    My favorite color is the NB, but I wanted something a bit more subtle. SG does nothing for me, and black is a deal-breaker for me, after owning two black cars. FW was my only other option, and I love it. I have friends that usually don't like white cars, but like it on my RS.

This was the part that caught my eye;
    In fact, the average transaction price for a Focus RS in the US is a staggering $42,351. You can thank some serious options for that -- Ford called out the $2,785 RS2 package, which adds leather-trimmed Recaro heated sport seats, a heated steering wheel and navigation.
    No mention of ADM...

RS Senior Member
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VaderSS View Post
    My favorite color is the NB, but I wanted something a bit more subtle. SG does nothing for me, and black is a deal-breaker for me, after owning two black cars. FW was my only other option, and I love it. I have friends that usually don't like white cars, but like it on my RS.

This was the part that caught my eye;

No mention of ADM...
    Agree with what you said which is why I went with white as well. Additionally, I had the performance blue ST which I also loved, but it was hard to accessorize with blue. Some of the coolest decked out ST'S I've seen are on white. I especially liked that Gundam themed ST from SEMA.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
    VaderSS likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors