Ford Focus RS Forum banner

Louisiana Owners

21K views 197 replies 14 participants last post by  Jdfellows 
#1 · (Edited)
Placeholder for when folks a) get their RS or b) join the forum

#118 ·
So...13K miles in and I get a Cyl 1 misfire code. Reset it a few times, and replaced the plugs. It comes right back. It does run rather rough for the first minute after startup so I'm guessing I might be one of the lucky ones with a head gasket issue. Have any of you had any check engine lights come on?

#120 ·
I think I had an overboost situation while trying to hit 4th gear on the stock tune while at the dragstrip a few weeks back. Went into limp mode in the pits with a Service Engine Soon light until I did a reboot (turn car off, restart).

Only other CEL I have witnessed is while flashing the new tune.

Are you using any coolant? Check your coolant level cold.

#122 ·
It's at the Slidell dealer right now. They got a special "block tester" to check for some type of leaks I guess. I don't know exactly what it does but I should know more Monday or Tuesday of the outcome of that diagnosis.

I did get an oil analysis through Blackstone Laboratories and there is coolant in it along with mild corrosion. And the oil quality went deep South after only 2K miles. Add this to Maple syrup smelling exhaust in the morning (and shaking motor) and the instance of hydraulic lock and....Well you see where I'm going.

My guess is I'm looking at either a cracked block or serious head gasket fault.

Sent from Mobile.

#123 ·
Sorry to hear about your engine troubles @Thelastosirus. Ford better make things right by putting in a newer generation block to prevent this from happening again.

Is your car stock? Or do you have some mods on it? I know it's a May 2016 build based on your previous posts.

#127 ·
Congrats. Looks like there's some friendly competition in Baton Rouge for quickest/fastest RS between me and 2Focused. The mod battle has begun. I think I'm ahead at the moment, but he's catching up!

#132 ·
The motor is ready to go back in but they wait on a new clutch. Mine is burnt from the clutch pedal not coming all the way up. The service guy was trying his hardest to tell me it is my fault without using those words so I would have to pay for it. But since I already logged a complaint that the clutch wouldn't come up a few weeks prior, this will be a stretch. Apparently, the found some issue with the flywheel and now they are backing off about how much I will have to pay. The car has been at the dealer approaching 3 weeks now.

#134 ·
I'm thinking about it, but I might have to bring my armored car. The "verdict" will be announced soon, and tempers will probably be flaring at that point. To combat that there ain't no way in hell all the people that are supposedly coming to participate will be able to fit into that tiny ass parking lot. *shrug*

#139 ·
Very nice meeting you too! Your R8 is gorgeous!

We had a photo shoot near the Mississippi River bridge after Cars & Coffee. I'll post pics later in the Pics/Video thread.

Definitely need more RS folks at these meets. Jason normally has to work, so I'm always by myself. :(

#140 ·
Buddy of mine just bought the black 2017 RS at Robinson Brothers over the weekend. We might have enough members for a little RS club going soon. :D

Since the majority is near Baton Rouge we may want to schedule a mini meet at some point. Grab some lunch and hang out. Maybe an install fest somewhere?

Reactions: twoslo
#143 ·
I got my car back 2 weeks ago. Was in the dealer for a day less than 2 months. Got the motor in 2 days, took over a month to receive the new clutch. I took a road trip to Disney with it last week so now I have about 2000 miles on the new motor. Also, the clutch feels completely different. I wonder if it is a different design. Either way I plan to go back to have them bleed it, and take care of an issue with my passenger door which I forgot to get taken care of when the motor was getting swapped out.

A few things worth mentioning:

Clutch feels completely different
New motor has noticably more NVH
Ford is paying 1 month of my note for taking to long
In LA, go to your Original dealer- after 10 days in the shop they are obligated by law to give you a loaner

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

#149 ·
NOLA Motorsports Cars & Coffee this Saturday from 9am-Noon.

Can we get a group of RS owners to show up? We have all of the colors present based on a survey of the locals!
Frozen White, Shadow Black, Stealth Grey, Nitrous Blue

I'd be interested in lunch somewhere. I'm not from New Orleans, though, so I don't know what's around.

#154 ·
Welcome! If you need any install tips on those mods check out my build website.
HanksRS.com

I’ve got all of those installed on mine.

For events, check out dlbracing for upcoming autocross events in New Orleans and Gonzales. I’m not on faceballs, but there’s a decent Baton Rouge cars & coffee group that meets monthly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.