Meth/water injection
Close
Login to Your Account
Ford Focus RS Forum

Meth/water injection

This is a discussion on Meth/water injection within the Focus RS Performance forums, part of the Focus RS Garage category; So I'm thinking of running meth/water injection mainly as a means to keep the intake clean. I haven't seen any instances on an RS yet ...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Meth/water injection

RS Senior Member
    Member #
    Liked
    49 times
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Meth/water injection

So I'm thinking of running meth/water injection mainly as a means to keep the intake clean. I haven't seen any instances on an RS yet but expecting the same issues as my brothers speed3 and all other DI engines with massive carbon build up on the intake valves. Running meth/water should put a nice steamy fuel mixture into the intake and keep everything super clean, as well as drop intake charge Temps considerably and add a considerable amount of knock protection with the methanol.

Not really doing it for power gain reasons even though power gain will be a side effect but again mainly wanting to do it for the cleaning factor and would be a lot easier than trying to R&D an intake manifold for port injection not to mention the wiring and tuning for 8 injectors.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    483 times
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phestezio View Post
    So I'm thinking of running meth/water injection mainly as a means to keep the intake clean. I haven't seen any instances on an RS yet but expecting the same issues as my brothers speed3 and all other DI engines with massive carbon build up on the intake valves. Running meth/water should put a nice steamy fuel mixture into the intake and keep everything super clean, as well as drop intake charge Temps considerably and add a considerable amount of knock protection with the methanol.

Not really doing it for power gain reasons even though power gain will be a side effect but again mainly wanting to do it for the cleaning factor and would be a lot easier than trying to R&D an intake manifold for port injection not to mention the wiring and tuning for 8 injectors.
    I asked a local shop about a quote to do it and I literally got the response "I don't know". So if you find any information out please let me know. I'm also very interested.
    1993 Toyota Supra (working project)
    2014 Tuxedo Black FoST w/ST3 package and mods (Sold!! Hidden Content )
    Stealth Grey FoRS w/RS2, Sunroof (In my garage and the mods begin...)
    Hidden Content

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    573 times
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    there's a thread...or at least part of a discussion in a thread about this. I run a snow kit on my Syclone...but the overall opinion here is on another kit (which the name slips my mind currently). I'll see if i can dig up that thread and link it.
    2016 Ford Focus NB RS

4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusRS.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    896 times
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy_Guy View Post
    there's a thread...or at least part of a discussion in a thread about this. I run a snow kit on my Syclone...but the overall opinion here is on another kit (which the name slips my mind currently). I'll see if i can dig up that thread and link it.
    Aquamist most likely
    Ecobeast, rader1 and fourZero like this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    573 times
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    That's the brand...thanks S
    Crooked Letta likes this.
    2016 Ford Focus NB RS

Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I ran an Aquamist Meth/water injection for 5 years in my Lotus prior to intercooling it. I took it off as it is no longer needed.... The system is dead reliable, just a pain as I had to carry a bottle of premixed Meth/water so I did not run out at the track. This system had one injector per intake runner so it was a fair bit of work to install and set up.
    SG RS on order
    2013 SVT RAPTOR
    2014 FIESTA ST
    AND OTHER FORD POWERED TOYS

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    461 times
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I ran the Aquamist HFS3 on my 135i for years and loved it(the HFS3 has been replaced by the HFS4 system.) As good as the 3 was the 4 is better. Super high quality, integrated fail-safe, PWM operation and very tunable to suit your needs.

In my experience, if you are doing it to keep the intake ports clean then you need to install the WMI early because it can help prevent buildup but it will not clean ports that are already carbon coated.

RS Senior Member
    Member #
    Liked
    49 times
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Yeah, the key would be to start early before the carbon deposits on the valves and would require some scrubbing to remove then run the risk of shooting it through the turbo haha. I haven't run meth/water on any of my other cars before but they weren't DI so the valves stayed clean and removing PCV from the intake kept everything clean. But I've been in the aftermarket install world for a while now so I've known about it just never invested in it. Personally I think I'm going to run a Devilsown setup. I met the owner about a year ago at a nopi event and talked with him about his product for quite some time, it's a little more pricey but there is no expense spared anywhere in the kit, everything is custom made and high quality aluminum and it's a small business in America which I support and the owner is very knowledgeable and friendly.

RS Senior Member
    Member #
    Liked
    49 times
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    As far as install goes I'm not sure on price or if you have any performance shops willing to do that. It really comes to finding a good aftermarket tech that is confident enough to do it. I own my own repair shop but we do take on performance stuff and custom fab projects occasionally. I'll be installing anything aftermarket myself so I'm not sure on price, but I'll do a good write up and make an estimate if I were to do it for a customer.

Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Just remember that is you add Meth/Water injection you will need to change your mixture maps. Meth/water injection is used to cool the intake air as well as slow combustion down to prevent detonation. Running Meth/Water injection allows one to run more advance and higher boost pressures....it is only a side affect that it "washes the valves.
    SG RS on order
    2013 SVT RAPTOR
    2014 FIESTA ST
    AND OTHER FORD POWERED TOYS

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors