Meth/water injection - Page 5
Close
Login to Your Account
Ford Focus RS Forum

Meth/water injection

This is a discussion on Meth/water injection within the Focus RS Performance forums, part of the Focus RS Garage category; Same for me.. I had fantastic results with my SNOW kit that I installed in my SVT so I'll be going with the Stage 2 ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 53
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Meth/water injection

  1. #41
    RS Member JacksonRacer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Cashburn VA
    Posts
    36
    Member #
    23457
    Liked
    4 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Same for me.. I had fantastic results with my SNOW kit that I installed in my SVT so I'll be going with the Stage 2 Boost Cooler kit.

  2. #42
    RS Rookie jwoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    11
    Member #
    27617
    Liked
    3 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Im new to this forum guys but was on the ST forum for 4 years Im currently running the water meth set set up with plugs,intake spacer and throttle body spacer I had this setup in my ST with Nitrous it was a handful of torque steer and fun but then realized the RS would be awesome i also rgot better fuel economy from this set up i want from 25mpg to 36mpg so big advantage in HP TQ & MPG
    Ive now have it running in the RS now and what a difference no complains here it wakes up the RS
    in the ST ti was going through a galleon of water meth every 2 to 3 thanks of gas and yes Im from cali so 91 oct now to test fuel econ
    and how often I use the water meth
    Needshobbymoney and mcmathew like this.

  3. #43
    Supporting Member Stiletto's Avatar
    Supporting Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    202
    Member #
    4882
    Liked
    128 times
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    @jwoo, where are your nozzles located? I have the CP-e cold pipe with two spots for meth nozzles. Debating on whether or not to get the manifold spacer and put the nozzles there.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    FocusRS.org
    Advertisements
     

  5. #44
    RS Rookie jwoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    11
    Member #
    27617
    Liked
    3 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    @Stiletto ,just before the throttle body on the nozzle and yes do the intake spacer it does help for the mid range and top end & throttle body spacer you will gain 7hp and 9 tq big gains for the $$

  6. #45
    RS Specialist MN_RS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,099
    Member #
    1038
    Liked
    683 times
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jwoo View Post
    Im new to this forum guys but was on the ST forum for 4 years Im currently running the water meth set set up with plugs,intake spacer and throttle body spacer I had this setup in my ST with Nitrous it was a handful of torque steer and fun but then realized the RS would be awesome i also rgot better fuel economy from this set up i want from 25mpg to 36mpg so big advantage in HP TQ & MPG
    Ive now have it running in the RS now and what a difference no complains here it wakes up the RS
    in the ST ti was going through a galleon of water meth every 2 to 3 thanks of gas and yes Im from cali so 91 oct now to test fuel econ
    and how often I use the water meth
    What system are you running? I am going to be doing a direct port aquamist install, and it's definitely very involved compared to other systems since it is designed for direct injection, and load based injection rather than boost.
    Focus RS Nitrous Blue RS1 Forged Wheels. Purple Drank Tuned. Mishimoto 3" Nitrous Blue Intake. ETS Black Anodized FMIC & ETS Charge Pipes. TurboSmart 50/50 BOV. GrimmSpeed lightweight battery tray. Boomba RMM. RokBlokz Rallye Flaps.
    Built on 4.20.16 | Loaded on the Cygnus Leader 5.10.16 | Arrived in Newark, NJ on 5.24.16 | Took delivery 7.25.16

    Soon to be added:
    Aquamist Direct Port Meth Injection kit
    Boomba Intake Manifold Spacer
    TurboTech PMM and TMM
    Whiteline Lowering Springs and RSB

  7. #46
    RS Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    143
    Member #
    22113
    Liked
    51 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jwoo View Post
    @Stiletto ,just before the throttle body on the nozzle and yes do the intake spacer it does help for the mid range and top end & throttle body spacer you will gain 7hp and 9 tq big gains for the $$
    Isn't there a whole thread saying the spacers don't add anything power/response-wise, and the only reason to get them was if you needed a port for water/meth injection?
    2017 NB RS1

  8. #47
    RS Pro DeltaT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    1,620
    Member #
    1286
    Liked
    1206 times
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biznatch View Post
    Isn't there a whole thread saying the spacers don't add anything power/response-wise, and the only reason to get them was if you needed a port for water/meth injection?
    On a boosted motor with a non-metallic intake I can't conceive of a reason why a 1" (or so) spacer would make a lick of difference in power.
    - "We’re joined by plenty of exotic metal, including a 997 Porsche 911 GT3 RS, a Ferrari 458 Italia, an Audi R8 and two Porsche Cayman GT4s – all cars that should wipe the floor with the Focus RS. But they don’t." - Autocar
    - SG/Forged/RS2/no MR, Built: 6/9/16, caught the MV Thalatta, cleared customs in SoCal 8/5, delivered 8/16


    • Don't take a knife to a gunfight
    • Half-Assed = Half-Fast

    Hidden Content

  9. #48
    RS Rookie jwoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    11
    Member #
    27617
    Liked
    3 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Im on Snow Performance stage 3 does both

  10. #49
    RS Rookie jwoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    11
    Member #
    27617
    Liked
    3 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I did the R&D for Steeda yu can see the dyno spects

  11. #50
    Supporting Member Stiletto's Avatar
    Supporting Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    202
    Member #
    4882
    Liked
    128 times
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jwoo View Post
    I did the R&D for Steeda yu can see the dyno spects
    Are you using the Steeda FoST manifold spacer on the RS? They don't list a manifold spacer for that RS, only the throttlebody spacer.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Hard Water, use a filter?
    By NB_RS in forum Focus RS Detailing
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-02-2016, 08:53 AM
  2. Water methanol injection. Anyone planning anything?
    By oelkram in forum Focus RS Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-25-2016, 09:23 AM
  3. Just How Deep of Water Can the RS go through?
    By Ebisu14 in forum Focus RS Discussions
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 05-17-2016, 08:13 PM
  4. BMW M4 GTS: now on Meth!
    By Hoonigan in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-14-2016, 06:41 AM
  5. Well water filtration systems
    By Austin in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-08-2016, 03:03 PM