Ford Focus RS Forum banner

GearzRS Build

9K views 32 replies 14 participants last post by  GearzRS 
#1 ·
Since today is officially the first day of summer, seems like a good day to kick off my build thread. I am actually at the tint shop right now having the first upgrade installed. Car has 700 miles on it. Let's get this build started!

#3 ·
This better be pic heavy!! Lol. Tint on the SG should look killer. Are you going to lower it too? Aftermarket rims?

Reactions: GearzRS
#4 ·
Window Tint Pics

Got my RS Window Tint done at SD Tint here in San Diego. I have used them in the past, and they do very good work on high end luxury vehicles. They took a look at the car, and we ended up going with an even 35% tint all around. I did not do the front windshield.

I really didn't want anything darker; I wanted to achieve an even, "smokey" look, especially with the Stealth Grey paint.

I am very happy with the results! It's really not as dark as the pictures show, you can still see through in the light, but 35% gives it a nice aggressive look.

Here are some pics (I am not a photographer so I apologize in advance) :star:

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hatchback
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Car Alloy wheel
Vehicle Car Automotive design Hatchback Ford motor company
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Hatchback

#8 ·
Got my RS Window Tint done at SD Tint here in San Diego. I have used them in the past, and they do very good work on high end luxury vehicles. They took a look at the car, and we ended up going with an even 35% tint all around. I did not do the front windshield.

I really didn't want anything darker; I wanted to achieve an even, "smokey" look, especially with the Stealth Grey paint.

I am very happy with the results! It's really not as dark as the pictures show, you can still see through in the light, but 35% gives it a nice aggressive look.

Here are some pics (I am not a photographer so I apologize in advance) :star:
Is that legal tint here in california?

#5 ·
Thanks for the pics. 35% is what I plan on having done to my SG when it arrives.

#16 ·
RS Rear Wing Gel Insert Installed

Installed the black "RS" Gel Inserts from DMB Graphics today. They have different color options, but I went with the black to keep it noticeable, but also low key. I think it turned out great. I will post a couple more pics this weekend if I get a chance.
Automotive exterior Vehicle Auto part Roof Car

#18 ·
Installed the black "RS" Gel Inserts from DMB Graphics today. They have different color options, but I went with the black to keep it noticeable, but also low key. I think it turned out great. I will post a couple more pics this weekend if I get a chance.
View attachment 12706
Looks real good! I also ordered a set in black just for the rear spoiler. How long did they take to arrive?

#17 ·
Love the tint and the inserts. I was going to do the exact same thing my my SG. The inserts should have been there from the factory.... looks SO much better. Love it!

Reactions: mofoRS and GearzRS
#20 ·
The SG looks better every time I look at it.

#21 ·
Was planning on doing Lowering Springs next, but called Eibach USA this week about the Pro-Kit (lowering springs) and they said that their test vehicle just arrived, and they are still doing Pro-Kit testing right now. They expect to have an ETA of late July/early August.

On the UK websites they are already advertising the kit for $294.77. Since Eibach USA is here in SoCal, I might just wait until they are finished testing before I order. It will give me an excuse to cruise up there.

So I guess my next upgrade will be the Redline Tuning Hood Quick Lift System...

Reactions: j0shm1lls
#22 ·
Picked up a Co-Pilot today, but he always wants to hang outside when we are driving... I also realized I haven't named my car yet so "Rocket" it is!

Tree Vehicle Architecture Plant Leisure

#23 ·
Just dropped "Rocket" off at the dealership for the first oil change and service. Car has a little over 1000 miles.

FYI, I have the Ford Premium Care Plan so the first service was free, but only if you go with the semi-synthetic oil. I asked to upgrade to full synthetic.

Reactions: erik.mikkelson
#24 ·
**Update** If you do the Ford Premium Maintenance Plan when you purchase the car, have them change it to say full synthetic for the oil changes. Because the car is so new, the plan is not updated to reflect the new engine yet.

It shows up as a regular Focus...Pretty simple fix, you just have to call them.

#26 ·
Talked to Livernois Motorsports today, and they will be releasing details on their Stage 1 upgrades soon. Livernois has some serious experience with EcoBoost tuning, and really excited to see what kind of power they are going to be putting out with the RS.

#28 ·
"Rocket" is going on the Dyno at HG Motorsports on Monday. Stay tuned... :)

#29 ·
Updates? Car looks killer!

Jim

#30 ·
@DeltaT, just getting back from vacation in Alaska, so haven't had a chance to update my build thread. I will have some updates later this week. :)

#31 ·
Doing a quick update to my build thread. Had the car a little over 2 months now and really enjoy this vehicle! Wanted to post my original first impressions review in my build thread because I think it still applies. Got some big things planned so stay tuned...

Ford Focus RS SoCal Owners Review - Art of Gears

#32 ·
#33 ·
Ordered a set of the Blue Muteki SR48 Open End Lug nuts from Ryan@FocusRSShop

Should be here in time for the weekend. Small upgrade, but still excited to put those bad boys on!
Product Cylinder Tool accessory Tool socket Auto part

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.