Ford Focus RS Forum banner

Lowering Springs and Who'll use them?

101K views 128 replies 62 participants last post by  JamoRS 
#1 ·
surprised that the topic of just lowering springs havent come up. juust a .75 to 1.5 inch drop spring kit would be nice.
so when 19s are fitted it sits right on top of the wheel (looks a little tucked)
so when 18s are fitted it sits riight above wheel
springs that dont mess to much with the dampners range of ride.
it would be nice to see what company will provide some

not interested in coilovers or bags just want car to sit nice

#5 ·
Reactions: RwardRS
#6 ·
H&R on all my cars. Be interesting to see how much aftermarket suspension components help or hinder drift mode. The roads and driveways here are torture on cars so I don't plan on lowering mine. My STi is too low at the moment. I plan on bringing it up one inch.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Rim

Reactions: StevenP
#8 ·
Yeah was going to mention Eibach. They had a Magnetic RS awhile ago to start working on.

#9 ·
Add needs a pic of a RS lowered on those springs

#11 ·
Stolen from the UK forums, credit to Gaffa.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Rim Wheel

H&R Springs 25mm and 18x9 wheels

#12 ·
I think it looks great with the 18" rims. The 19's look almost too baller for me. I wonder how much quicker the RS is with light weight 18's on it.

#18 ·
Does anyone know the spring rate of H&R or the Eibach?

Reactions: CDB and StevenP
#23 · (Edited)
lowering spring

anyone know of any other aftermarket brands who have jumped on board yet?
im thinking I may have to lean towards a coilover setup and loosing the electronic adjustment :(

There is these guys who used a variation of KW coilovers, actually from a Ferrari f430 with the electronic dampeners still I believe.
But at 8000$ I will give it a miss [emoji23]

#27 ·
Threads merged, made a sticky.

@RSfocused

So far the only examples are from Europe as you see above.

#30 ·
and somehow you deleted my reply. poop

it said something about eibach shipping in august and have yet to see mention of H&R availability.
where are you seeing RS springs in stock for sale?
@lymerock

Wasn't me. I just did a merge but I'll look around and see what I can find.

There's been a few lower spring threads tucked here and there in all different categories.

Check post #7 of this thread.

#32 ·
I'm tracking down a few rogue lowering, coilover, and other suspension threads now.

Reactions: JordanByrne
#35 · (Edited)
I'm interested to see this. This is the most visually pleasing car at stock ride height I have owned, but the thought of going lower has crossed my mind. I'm concerned with ruining the suspension geometry that has been so well thought out considering how amazingly the car handles.

Reactions: Ryan@FocusRSShop
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.