Ford Focus RS Forum banner

Boomba BOV

30K views 62 replies 23 participants last post by  Boomba Racing 
#1 · (Edited)
My Boomba Bob arrived today. If it doesn't rain in the next hour I'll swap out the TurboSmart dual with this. I just wanted the lame loud blow-off that my ST had with a Boomba valve.
I'll see if I can get a quick video after.

VIDEOS;

TurboSmart Kompact Shorty Dual Valve 50% VTA

Boomba BOV 100% VTA

Boomba BOV Driving
quick windows up & down

Auto part Hand Electric blue
Electric blue Auto part
Technology Auto part Electronic device
Bearing Auto part Electric blue Hardware accessory Flange
Auto part Rotor Wheel
Turquoise Turquoise Hand Fashion accessory Jewellery

See less See more
3 6
#57 ·
Just got this installed and not sure I'm liking it. I have a BOV on my 1M and it's amazing. A quick pshhh release. This boomba unit on the other hand is more like a pffffsshhhhhhhssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. We are talking a half second blowoff with the 1m, compared to a three-second sigh with the boomba/rs. Yes, you can just shift faster to avoid it, but I'm sighing right through my neighborhood. I feel like the neighborhood librarian right now. Is there any to get it to blow off quicker? Thinking of removing it for now. #sigh

Cheers!
Ryan

#61 ·
I went for silent but deadly. But I'm glad you got it just the way you want it!

Reactions: Boomba Racing
#62 ·
Just installed this yesterday with the boost reference adapter. I only rev'd up to about 4k and the bov would not open. the turbo stutter in the video shown was all I got, I switched back to the stock vac line and it worked like a charm. ONLY PROBLEM I'm having is that without the BRA it will stay open while cruising/ highway which is why I purchased the BRA. However, I'm thinking that I was reving high enough for the bov to open? I wasn't driving, just in neutral parked trying it out before spring. Everything was triple checked over, no boost leaks or improper installation. Any thoughts on why the BRA might not be working? Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.