Ford Focus RS Forum banner

New clutch 2 knocks when 1st to 2nd

3K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  onestep 
#1 · (Edited)
Well Long story. I was one of the few that had a blown engine at 8k miles. While the engine was down they saw my clutch was used pretty hard and suggested while everything was down to get a new one. Kinda wish I would of said no but I agreed. I paid for the clutch without installation fees.
Well since I had a new engine I didn't drive hard on it at all. Just hit 1k miles on the new engine and decided to give it some gas. First time I did this I heard a knock. It hits twice and always in the same fashion. I can always recreate it. It sounds like its right in front of my steering wheel in the engine bay. Its also right near where the clutch is.

Rewind a little bit as at one point i pulled out in front of someone and had to hit it in 1st and heard the knock but I was turning so i figured maybe in the tire fender rubbed or something. Not wanting to be hard on the car I didn't try and recreate. Making me believe its been like this since the new installation.

Also when letting out the clutch completely it drags... if I release completely almost as if airs in the lines.

Let me know what you guys think. Sadly it won't matter much as i'm at the mercy of the service people. Told them to Check out my clutch as it was sticky. Told them read on forums maybe try and bleed the lines and of course they didn't or if they did they did it in 1 min. Gave me the car right back after 4 days with them. How I know this is well just incase they find this post ill leave it at I KNOW lol Taking it back in tuesday 5/16/2017. I assume won't get it back for some time.

Video below:

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Doesn't sound like air in clutch more engine.

Check engine mounts..
Good luck

Reactions: Justin
#6 ·
Thanks the air in the clutch is just when I drop the clutch at any time like engine off ect I'll make a video if need be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Paolo
#5 ·
Engine blew because of head gasket which cracked the block. All warranty work. Did you not read my post lol the clutch was messed up from the first installation?!? It drags when releasing lol makes a whoosh sound like something is stopping it from moving. First clutch went because I was a brand new clutch driver and had a job over the hill. I was riding it too much. They said my first clutch was fine but it would need changed in 30k miles. No im not rough on my car. Launch mode tried maybe 10 total and only 2 on new engine.

Reactions: FoRS214
#8 ·
I'm not denying the first clutch was my fault lol I just said that I'm saying the new clutch that I have never even dropped is messed up. I wanna make sure someone hasn't already dealt with this. I've already had this conversation in another post. This post is about seeing if anyone knows if it's clutch oriented engine mounts Ect. I'm getting annoyed with you lol I learned my lesson on sitting on a hill in a stop every second and riding the clutch but at 1 k miles on a new clutch and I decide to just floor it with the new engine I expect this thing not to knock lol I've seen many members of this forums YouTube videos of them dragging drifting tracking their cars to hell and I've never pushed this car like that.

#9 ·
The knock sounds like a loose motor mount, or maybe something in the shifter linkage. But I don't think something interfering with the linkage would be that loud.

I'd take it back and demo it for the tech that worked on the car.

#13 ·
Yayyyyy
I win prize?
Can i plz have airline ticket to USA?
Tia..
ROFL..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.